What a great forum

AZ TRAVEL

I know there is not a lot of posting here but what I have read is wonderful, none of the uglyness that I see on the other forums. Everyone is so positive:D

I enjoy solo cruising and am looking forward to my Sept. cruise.

May we never bicker about dress, chair saving and smoking!!!

How wonderful not having to work around someone else's schedule (work, husband, kids, etc.) !! Just be free to cruise whenever...........how about tomorrow ?????

• 2 weeks later...

Well, where have I been?:D Somehow, in the years I've been on Cruise Critic (mainly the Carnival board), I didn't even know this one existed!

I've done several solo cruises, and I love it...the freedom to come and go as I please without 'checking in' with anybody else, and having my own space!

SO nice to be able to relax on a cruise at my own pace, and also to chat with some fellow passengers at dinner or while having a nightcap at one of the lounges....or not.

I'm glad I stumbled onto this forum. Yes, it will be nice not to have the 'other' major issues come up and be beat to death.:)

Hey Nanci, we are spoiled, aren't we? I love solo cruising as it gives me the opportunity to meet a lot of people. On my last Crystal cruise in April, there were 34 passengers that I knew from previous cruises or from right here on Cruise Critic. We had a fantastic time.

Nanci, do you have any cruises planned? I have four: November on Celebrity for 11 days, January on Celebrity for 7 days, March on Crystal for 17 days to Hong Kong, and then 12 day on Celebrity in the Med in May. Want to join any of those cruises?

HI Darcie: Nice to hear from you! Your upcoming cruises sound fabulous and I wish I could join you but as you know I stay close to home since my mother will be 95 in Sept. and still lives alone. However I am sailing for a week the end of August to the Caribbean on a singles group cruise. I so enjoy reading your posts and reviews! Next time you come through Ft.L. would love to meet you !!

"Solo" cruising is the BEST!! I also enjoy all the "positive" comments on this board:-) and agree with the above poster that maybe it's because we have our cabins all to ourselves:-), no one elses schedule to work around, we set our own pace, and have only ourselves to look after.

Not to sound "selfish", but IMHO . . . . "solo" cruising is really the "ultimate" in cruising:-) I just wish they do away with that *** single dupplement!

Bon Voyage,

Annie

Hi...

Annie, you are so correct about the single supplement...I have my first solo cruise in December. I always get a balcony when traveling with mom, but really could not justify spending that much money at one time for just myself. I had to book an indoor cabin, but hey, there are plenty of decks up top I can go to...just not in my pj's!!! I am excited and yet a little nervous about the solo vacation. Noone I know could get vacation the week I did. I almost just decided to stay home, but figure why should I wait for someone else to go with me. Thanks for the positive responses..if I had not read about your experiences, I probably would have changed my mind. Thanks!

Robin

Hi...

Annie, you are so correct about the single supplement...I have my first solo cruise in December. I always get a balcony when traveling with mom, but really could not justify spending that much money at one time for just myself. I had to book an indoor cabin, but hey, there are plenty of decks up top I can go to...just not in my pj's!!! I am excited and yet a little nervous about the solo vacation. Noone I know could get vacation the week I did. I almost just decided to stay home, but figure why should I wait for someone else to go with me. Thanks for the positive responses..if I had not read about your experiences, I probably would have changed my mind. Thanks!

Robin

Robin: You will certainly enjoy your first solo cruise! I have been on over 30 cruises but only one as a solo -- I loved it !!! I did what I wanted and when I wanted. I was social all day and evening but also enjoyed the quiet time (not that much tho') in my own cabin! When cruising with my mother we always had a balcony but still wanted a window on my solo cruise. I am going on a singles group cruise the end of August and will also take my own cabin.

NANCI

Archived