Question about the SS Veranda suite

lkmamom

Hi, we are new to HAL but very excited about our upcoming Alaska cruise onboard the Zuiderdam. I hope that you will be patient with me, because our family is new to HAL (we have always sailed with Princess), I tried to search through to see if someone else had posted this question and I have not found it. I was wondering how the sofabed works in the room. Is there enough room for getting through if someone has to get up in the night:o it appears as though things look fairly tight. Hint: I want to know ahead of time so that I can get first dibs with my DH on the right side of the bed:D Thanks for your help.

Linda

The cabin is quite spacious, but with the sofa bed out there isn't much room to maneuver (for the person on that bed.) From the main bed, you should be okay, especially if you take the side by the bathroom. Whoever is on the side toward the verandah will have a bit of a maze to pass through.

We had an SS suite on the Oosterdam and the sofa did not fold out. They just removed the pillows and bolsters and made it up as a single. I was on the verandah side of the bed and had no trouble getting past the bed and coffee table that were there. I am a big person so I wouldn't worry.

d83b.jpg?phAndcEBZr5No.eg

This is about the best picture I have of the couch area in an SS. This is SS6060 on the Oosterdam. We really enjoyed the cabin but noticed that it was a bit tight around the couch with the two chairs. This was taken as we entered the cabin the very first time. After a few hours I moved one of the chairs off to the left so we could get around a bit easier.

We had three adults in an SS on the Zuiderdam and we had lots of room. As stated earlier, the sofa bed does not extend out into the room. The bench of the sofa just flips over and then the mattress is on top. Our daughter said she slept very comfortably. The SS cabins are great. Welcome to HAL!

Thanks so much to everyone for all of your replies! We are sooooo excited to try HAL. As I said, we have always sailed with Princess and though we have always enjoyed our cruises we are ready for something different. We are on the July 1 sailing. The SS suite looks wonderful. Thanks again for your help, I love cruise critic:)

Linda

Archived