Live From The Sapphire Princess

CroozBlooz

First Alaska sailing of the season (May 20,2006). Everything running smoothly thus far. Piano Man is the feature show (may not go see it, as we have seen it twice before two years ago). Will write more later....any questions, please ask!

First Alaska sailing of the season (May 20,2006). Everything running smoothly thus far. Piano Man is the feature show (may not go see it, as we have seen it twice before two years ago). Will write more later....any questions, please ask![/quote

We have seen Piano Man 3 times and it was different each time. Different dancers and singers so it's not always the same. You might want to check it out just to see if it's the same.

Thanks for your post. I am anxious to hear more about the cruise. I love the Sapphire. It is so comfortable and I enjoy the layout too.

Enjoy!!:)

The weather is great! A little crisp, about 56 degrees and about 76 percent humidity. We are in the Grand Suite for this voyage and I am riting this on the in-suite computer. Any questions, please ask away!

Hey, Flying Rev!!!

I wrote you on another thread, but doubt you saw my post. So I figured I would post it here!

Did our pictures do the GS justice? Was thinking of you today knowing you were boarding the ship and in that wonderful cabin. I said something to my daughter earlier and she was most jealous of you, as I am. Isn't it wonderful. Do say hello to Angelina for us. She is the sweetest person. Were you able to surprise your wife with the cabin? I was wondering how that went. Having the computer in the cabin is so nice. We never once lost the signal when we were in there, even though the internet cafe was not supposed to have it for one of the ports.

Have a wonderful cruise and do report back how it is going.

Mississauga: In the Grand Suite on this ship, there is a computer. It is just a comp that comes with this wonderful cabin. We were in it the beginning of April, and it is absolutely the best. Yes, if you are platinum or above you get free internet service.

Susan

HulaGirl, I told Angelina you said hello and he asked me to say the same to you. The suite is WONDERFUL. My wife was blown away by the sheer enormity of it! We are now completely spoiled, and I am concerned that this is the only cabin that will ever suffice if we are to cruise again. :)

If anyone has any questions, ask away. :)

In the Grand Suite on this ship, there is a computer. It is just a comp that comes with this wonderful cabin. We were in it the beginning of April, and it is absolutely the best. Yes, if you are platinum or above you get free internet service.

Do I have this correct? You get the computer in the suite but only get the internet for free if you are platinium. So if someone who is not yet platinium, gets to use the computer in the suite but still has to pay for internet?

Sorry if I confused you. If you are Platinum or above, the internet is free in the internet cafe. If you book a full suite or above, meaning Vista Suite, Premium Suite, Penthouse Suite, or the Grand Suite, then then computers in the internet cafe are free whether you are platinum or not. Only the Grand Suite on some of the ships have a computer in them. We also had the GS suite on the Grand Princess in December and it didn't have a computer in the cabin. Hopefully this is clearer than what I said before. If not, let me know. When I hit my platinum status, it was so nice to have free internet.

Rev: You are spoiled for life!!!!!:D It will be very difficult to go backwards. Just think, we were in that cabin in April and last weekend we did the one night cruise on the Dawn Princess. We had an ocean view cabin that was probably not much bigger than the bathroom area in the GS. Talk about a shock to the system. This summer we have a mini suite booked for our 2 Tahiti cruises, but not so for the following 2. Have the GS booked for both the Star and Caribbean cruises in December and the following April. It is definitely going to be difficult not booking that cabin in the future.

Thanks for saying hi to Angelina. She was the best. So glad your wife loved the cabin. You should have heard us when we started looking around. It was a constant exclamation of "Look at this!" We loved using the balcony in Mexico. Was so nice and warm to sit out there. Have a great cruise.

Susan

Sorry if I confused you. If you are Platinum or above, the internet is free in the internet cafe. If you book a full suite or above, meaning Vista Suite, Premium Suite, Penthouse Suite, or the Grand Suite, then then computers in the internet cafe are free whether you are platinum or not. Only the Grand Suite on some of the ships have a computer in them. We also had the GS suite on the Grand Princess in December and it didn't have a computer in the cabin. Hopefully this is clearer than what I said before. If not, let me know. When I hit my platinum status, it was so nice to have free internet.

Thanks, Hulagirl for the explanation!

FlyingRev - Hope you are having an excellent time. Looks a bit cloudy and rainy on the web cams in Skagway today. My wife and I are following your cruise closely - we will be on the Sapphire for a B2B near the end of August.

I noticed there are 2 "Live from the Sapphire Princess threads" but did want to let you know that I'm definately interested in the patters from your voyage.

Jeff of JeffandMelissa

I'm glad you are having a good cruise. Thanks for posting and letting us all live through you.

I too am interested in the Patters when you get back.

A question also - do you know how Personal Choice dining was handled Saturday? I heard one time that it was different from the other nights.

Oops - another question - Do you have any idea how fast the virtual golf times book up? No one seems to know much about this and it is one thing my dad "Has" to do. ;)

Thanks and enjoy.

Ann

HulaGirl, I told Angelina you said hello and he asked me to say the same to you. The suite is WONDERFUL. My wife was blown away by the sheer enormity of it! We are now completely spoiled, and I am concerned that this is the only cabin that will ever suffice if we are to cruise again. :)

If anyone has any questions, ask away. :)

Oh NO ... sigh we are on the Sapphire for the second time in October to the Orient in a very nice balcondy but still now I am wondering .... upgrade on that one is a lot .. but.........

love that ship .. sure you will have a great cruise

Kathy

I see they still have not improved the webcam. I am looking at it now Friday afternoon and the picture is not good almost like they have the brightness tuirned way up.

Is there a sing along piano bar on the Sapphire?

We are in out hotel in Anchorage, and we miss our Grand Suite!!!!

I will upload pictures and the platters, and some of the menus for those who are interested.

We had about a day of the most dense fog I have ever seen! It was just outside of Skagway to just outside of College Fjorde. Fog horns and everything....Think Titanic! It was great!!!

I will have a complete trip report when we get back home. Did I mention how much we loved our suite??

Sakda (waiter) and Seksan (asst. waiter) were wonderful!

More to come! :)

Those of us cruising after you will love seeing the Patters, photos and whatever else you want to share. Your reports have been wonderful - getting me through the next 20 days.....:D

Ditto! I can't wait to read more. Thank you for all the posts.

I will probably be getting on when bdwyer gets off, but we are doing a land portion first so I only have 17 days until AK, but 26 until the cruise.

We too will be doing the N.bound trip on the Sapphire in late July and would like to see some of the patters and menus.

Thanks

We are in out hotel in Anchorage, and we miss our Grand Suite!!!!

I will upload pictures and the platters, and some of the menus for those who are interested.

We had about a day of the most dense fog I have ever seen! It was just outside of Skagway to just outside of College Fjorde. Fog horns and everything....Think Titanic! It was great!!!

I will have a complete trip report when we get back home. Did I mention how much we loved our suite??

Sakda (waiter) and Seksan (asst. waiter) were wonderful!

More to come! :)

Archived