Celebrity Century or Star Princess

Trying to decide between the 2 ships and itineraries. Century leaves from Amsterdam and stops at Copenhagen and has 2 extra days at sea. The Star starts at Copenhagen and does Gdansk. Otherwise they are the same. We were on the Galaxy for a Greek/Itlay cruise but have been on Princess far more. We are afraid that the Star will be too much like the other ships we have been on...deck plans, food etc. and maybe we need a change. Plus the Century is smaller and maybe that is good for the Baltic cruise.

Hi, Nancy - I'm a Celebrity fan so I would tend toward Century anyway, and you say that you have been on many other Princess cruises and are looking for a smaller ship. If you enjoyed your cruise on the Galaxy, it may help you to know that Century, which has substantially the same layout as Galaxy, is being significantly upgraded right now to add hundreds of balconies, expanding the spa area, and adding an upscale specialty restaurant. All the cabins will be essentially new, and many of the public areas will be updated. I would expect that the service would be the same high Celebrity standards. Either way you can't go wrong with such a great itinerary.

Hello, I too am also a big celebrity fan. My wife and I are doing Princess in the Baltics in early July for the first time. We love Celebrity but this itinerary seemed better and more cost effective on Princess. Basically, the two extra days on Celebrity are the sea days it takes you to get to the area where most ports are. of course the only other real difference I think is that Celebrity goes right up into Stockholm as Princess goes into Nynashham.

Archived