What else to do in Georgetown Grand Cayman

sea_u_onboard

We did the Semi sub tour. And dont forget to pick up your rum cakes. We found the choc orange one to die for.

We are also looking for something else to do for our cruise in February. This will be my 4th time here,

A short walk from the pier is Eden Rock which you can look up on the web. Some people scuba the coral trenches, and it's also a great place to snorkel. You can rent equipment if you don't have your own, and lockers were about $5. We highly recommend it!

Can you tell me more about Pedro St. James Castle?

Here is a link to the web site:

http://www.pedrostjames.ky/

The "castle" is really a home, built entirely of mahogany on a beautiful piece of Grand Cayman's coastline. The property offers a very nice tour, gift shop and cafe. Considered to be the seat of the Cayman's democracy, I would describe it as a historical site, and very pleasant tourist attraction.

If you are planning on renting a car, remember that they drive on the LEFT side of the road. We did this last time and had a blast!!!! We also went to the Stingray Brewery and had some FREE beer. Of course we bought a six pack to bring back (NOT CHEAP $9.00 US) and went to some of the smaller beaches along the way. There were no crowds, beautiful coral for snorkeling and lots of fish!! We were able to go to the ACTUAL factory for Tortuga Rum Cakes as you past it after picking the car up at the airport. Had LOTS of free samples there. They also had some good prices on Liquor there.

• 2 years later...

Eat a turtleburger.

There's a cafe not far from the port (it's about a block up and a block over, can't recall what it's called, but it's an outdoor cafe where you walk up to the window and order) that serves this curious meal. It's not bad, definitely something to try just so you can say you've eaten it. ;)

We have been to Grand Cayman a number of times on cruises and always did the Stingray City snorkeling and just walked around town. I stayed in Grand Cayman for 3 weeks about 25 years ago and cannot wait to explore it again. We are renting mopeds or a jeep and just touring on our own. I want to take my husband to Hell then back through town to the other side of the island. there were fabulous beaches all along the way. We stayed at Cayman Kai near Rum Point. It was gorgeous and the snorkeling was amazing so we will do a little snorkeling. Then farther at the end of the island is iron shores where the coral on the beach sounds like chunks of metal clanging and there were caves that we explored. I'm assuming all of this is still there plus much more. I cannot wait to explore. There is a lot to see outside of Georgetown. It is a beautiful, flat very easy to navigate island.

mrsufzzmo

• 2 weeks later...

From reading on the boards it's ranging from $65 up. I rented one for Nov 9th that is $103.... but that's all inclusive... driving permit, taxes, insurance. Most rental companies had $1000 deductible on their insurance offered. Avis, where I rented mine, had $0 deductible.... important to me. So, you just determine your priorities remembering you pay for what you get.

Archived