Who has the best rental cars in Cozumel

Sailor-man

Who has the best choice (ie. newest) of rental cars in Cozumel pier area.

I've read some of the rentals are pretty beat up. Executive is mentioned in one post as having better condition jeeps. Hertz.com says they have late model Jeep Liberty's for rental ...

If anyone has experience .. pls post:cool:

We were there last year and rented 2 jeeps with Executive. At that time they were in pretty good shape. Never had a problem with them. If you choose them negotiate with them on the price. They can adjust.

Don't know about the others.

We have rented from Avis, Less Pay and Rentadora Aguila and have been happy with all 3...Jeeps (A),Trackers RA) and VW's (LP)...all newer models.No matter who you use, make sure you inspect the vehicle before you leave the rental agency.

Just so you know, just about all the rental jeeps in Cozumel have had their 4 wheel drive shift linkage disconnected, so even though a Jeep is a 4 x 4, you won't be able to engage the 4 wheel drive. Stick to the paved roads.

Maybe someone can help me out? We were thinking about renting a jeep while we are in Cozumel for the day and I know our insurace does not cover us while in Mexico so how does that work? Do you buy insurance from the rental agency? If so, how much does it usually run?

All of the rental agencies offer insurance.Insurance, in general, will cost you about $20. 00 extra per day for full coverage plus there is a 10% tax that is added....You can purchase insurance for less on your own at http://www.carrental-insurance.com/ for about $9.00 a day

Personally, I would not risk going without the insurance even if you have coverage through your credit card agreement....if you have an accident while in Cozumel the Mexican authorities will hold you until ALL damages are settled in CASH. They will not deal with American Insurance Companies or Credit Card Companies. Credit Cards are not accepted by the courts for payment of fines or bail so you need cash there too.

Archived