cabin help and excursion help needed

tripseeker

I followed the advice on message boards and found my assigned cabin for a 6A guaranteed. It is 1106 (spa deck). Good, bad? :confused: anyone know?

We're leaving June 11 for Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. Family of 4-kids 13 & 18. Advice on excursions?:rolleyes:

Wow, that's a nice place to be. The guarantee worked for you. It should be very quiet up there with not to much traffic. :) When in Grand Cayman I would say you should go to Stingray City & do the stingray swim/experience. IMO this is a great excursion, one not to be missed. You take a boat ride out to shallow water (about 3-4') here you are able to get off the boat to feed & interact with these stingrays. It is awsome. We are going back this Jan and its a must do again. After the excursion if you like you can have your taxi drop you off at 7 mile beach where the beach is free. We like the area near the Royal Palms beach club.

thanks! I'm trying to talk my group into stingray city but they're being babies, afraid of getting barbed.

I was also thinking about doing a day pass to a resort, maybe Rose Hall or Sunset Beach, any thoughts there?

I know what you mean about the babies. We have done it twice and think its the greatest thing but there are those who dont want any part of it. If anybody does the excursion and decides they dont like it they can get back on the boat. Also when the food comes out thats when the stingrays want to be right close to you. If you want you can swim off a bit & get away from all of that.

We just got off the Conquest on May 7th.

We did Sunset Beach in Jamaica. It was really nice. We spent most of the day at the water slides and lazy river. We had a nice lunch, and then spent some time on the beach.

Teena

If you like snorkeling ... we did the Reef & Wreck snorkel in Grand Cayman and went for lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe.... a few others in our group did the Butterfly Farm and Sea Grapes Beach and liked that.....

Cozumel I would say make it a beach day and go to Paradise Beach.... free lounge chairs and umbrellas....for $8 pp you get all day use of the kayaks, snorkel gear, water trampolines, climbing ice berg and float mats.... they will bring you your lunch and drinks on the beach ... reasonably priced and good.... there are massages & henna tatoos for extra charge right on the beach ... makes for a great day.....

Gotta do the stingrays!! Did it 3 years ago and our girls, now 23,25 still talk about it! Our 25 yr. old even bought the video and uses it in her classroom of 4th graders!!! It has been the best excursion out of all our cruises. Have a good time!

Archived