Embarkation in Seward, Alaska

Good Morning All -

My Fiance and I are sailing on the Radiance of the Seas from Seward, Alaska and our embarkation time is 6 pm. My question is ..... how do we fit everything into the evening.....lifeboat drill especially.

How do they manage this without interfering with dining? We have late seating and I suspect we may miss the departure because we will be in the dining room.

This is the first cruise for my fiance....but I am a dedicated fan of Royal Caribbean. My other two Alaska sailings have been RT from Vancouver.

Does anyone have the....scoop?

OK, I am also WAY excited. We actually leave in 5 days....fly to Anchorage and take a land-tour/train to Princess' Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge for a few days. Whew....we began counting down from 227 days. Cannot believe it's almost here.

Thank you everyone!:) :) :) :) :)

Good Morning All -

My Fiance and I are sailing on the Radiance of the Seas from Seward, Alaska and our embarkation time is 6 pm. My question is ..... how do we fit everything into the evening.....lifeboat drill especially. How do they manage this without interfering with dining? We have late seating and I suspect we may miss the departure because we will be in the dining room.

As I understand it, if sailaway is at 6 pm, then its all aboard by 5 pm. So your muster drill will be at 5:30 and it only lasts 15-20 minutes. So you will be done with muster drill before sailaway. You said you had late seating, that's 8 or 8:30 pm, you won't miss a thing. The first night out early dinner may be at 6:30 instead so even the early diners won't miss that glorious, yes-we're-really-moving, my vacation has started feeling as you detect that first hint of motion away from the dock! Glad to see you're infecting another person with crusinitis!

Archived