Early Wedding Parking at Port Canaveral

Tanker

We are driving down to Port Canaveral for a wedding on the Sovereign of the Seas in August. We want to park at the pier and have read that they won't let you in the pier parking area until noon, but we need to be in the terminal by 10 AM to meet the wedding coordinator. The bride asked the coordinator, she said call RCCL, RCCL says call terminal parking, and so on.

Has anyone gotten married at Port Canaveral and did you have anyone park in the terminal? What did you do?

I've been told that they do not allow you into the port until 10:30 or 11:00 but there will be a line of cars waiting so get there early. My paperwork from RCCL says to meet the wedding coordinator at 11:00 am but they tell you to arrive by 10:30.

• 3 weeks later...

We got married in Port Canaveral last August. I hope they have improved by now, because the guards at the pier were a real pain. We were told to be on ship at 11:00 and they were not going to let us in until 12:00 when everyone else is allowed in! They finally let us in after a lot of arguing and we let the wedding people and the officiant know so they could work on it. The officiant seemed to be most concerned. Good luck.

Hi all, I am still making plans but want to get married on board while in port at St. Thomas so I can avoid these types of worries. Hope my plan works.

I actually wanted to ask dtchem1 if you were married on the Glory. If so, how was it? Where on board was it? Did you do the reception too? That is one of a few ships I have it narrowed down to and anything you can tell me would be wonderful! Thanks!

Lost marbles

We had a beautiful wedding in the Green Room on the Glory. If you post your email address, I have pictures on webshots. We had a small wedding (both our 2nd) so it was just us and our kids. We had a luncheon after the ceremony and it was also great. Good food and the service we got was unreal! It was so nice not to have to worry about anything and let them take care of it all. The photographer on board was also great. We got lots of pictures and the negatives (a CD) for a decent price, although I have heard some horror stories about that too. Let me know if you ahve any other questions.

Archived