just got back from a short trip

We had our long weekend this past weekend (Monday was Victoria Day) and it was our anniversary weekend so DH and I went to Saratoga Springs NY.

The famous mineral baths are great, we did them last year and they really are fantastic. We both had reflexology and that was a first for DH but he really enjoyed it.

Had dinner with friends there on sat night. What I found intereting is that even though it rained and was quite chilly people still wore sandles. Even on sunday when we were out for lunch and it was pouring (it stopped later) people were in really open sandels.

Guideon Putnam Hotel is nice stayed there last year too, as it's in a state park so it's really quiet at night but still as all the comforts like room service etc.

Jane, thanks for the recommendation for Cafe Lena, really a cute place. We went to listen to folk music, something of a throw back to the 60's. He was actually quite a decent folk singer.

Welcome home MrsMoose!

Glad to hear you had a nice anniversary weekend.

Do you remember the name of the singer you saw at Cafe Lena?

Did you have brunch at Mrs London's Bakery?

Jane

Jane, the singer's name was either Tim or Tom Mitchell. He had a good sense of humor as he cracked a few jokes in between songs that had me laughing so hard.

No, had breakfast both days at the hotel, room service. Then we had lunch in town. I love Mrs. London's but it's hard to get a table during busy hours, I went in on sunday and they were almost all sold out of stuff as it was a busy weekend with Skidmore college graduation on saturday and monday they are closed. Actually the hotel makes some really good blueberry pancakes, something I really enjoy if they are well made and these are some of the best that I've eaten.

MrsMoose,

Oh right, forgot it was graduation weekend.

BTW, my niece graduated suma cum laude and has definitely decided to attend Columbia graduate school in Sept, so I'll have her here in NYC. I'm so excited!

I adore Bluberry pancakses. Worth a stay at the Gideon Putney just for those! :)

MrsMoose,

She graduated from Siena - a small Univ with only science and math. Most of her classmates are pre-med though she's not. She is (was) a biology major. Not only did she graduate suma cum laude, she was also honored as being the number one student from the biology dept. So she gets two very high awards along with her degree.

She applied to 5 grad schools, including NYU and BU. All 5 accepted her and 4 offered her scholarships. But her first choice was Columbia - naturally the only school that has no funds for scholarships! LOL!

She's an amazing kid. She spent last week in Iceland with a girlfriend (I planned their whole trip for them) and next year I'm taking her to Paris with me.

We'll probably spend some time together in Saratoga this summer because she lives only about an hour away and we like to go to SPAC for concerts. Will make a point to get some blueberry pancakes!

Hi ladies,

Thanks Caviargirl for the good wishes, it was a very nice weekend. Very pleasant.

Jane I've heard of Siena, excellent reputation. Your neice sounds like a lovely young lady and how wonderful that you get along so well. I'm sure she will love going to Paris with you.

I wish her all the best.

Yes, SPAC is great, last year we were there in July so we went to a SPAC show and it was fantastic. I love the area and if you go, be sure to do a mineral bath, you can book at the spa without staying at the hotel they are not in the same bldg even and it doesn't matter if you stay at the hotel or not so if there, you should really give those mineral baths a try.

I'm sure you will have a great time in Saratoga with your neice, it's such a fun town/city. Also be sure to check out the silver store Silverado on Bway.

Well got to run, going to a wine tasteing/dinner thing this evening. Hubby has invited clients so can't be late.

I hope y'all have a great long memorial day weekend too!! For us it's a normal weekend as we had our long weekend (Victoria Day for all of canada except quebec where in quebec it is Fete de Dollard)this past weekend so just normal for us up here.

Caviargal I see you are sailing on the 26th, safe, healthy happy travels, have a great time (even if it is work related try to have a fun time).

take care ladies

Archived