3 Days in Seattle

I will be in Seattle for a wedding onboard Mercury in July. Unfortunately, I'm not going on the cruise this time :( . I did not make any of the arrangements, I'm just along for the ride, but I do have a couple of questions.

1. Should I bother to get a rental car, or just take taxis?

2. We are staying at the Hotel Andra, how close is it to the pier?

3. Any restaurant suggestions?

Thank you to anyone for your help :)

Car Rental: That really depends on what your plans are. If you are going to be visiting sites in the dt Seattle area, then I would not rent a car, parking at most hotels gets pricey. If you are planning on going for a trip to visit Mt. Rainier or one of the sites outside the Seattle area then I would consider it.

Hotel Andra: It is located in the Belltown area of dt Seattle. About a 5-10 minute walk to the Seattle Center and 5 minutes to the main dt shopping area. I would catch a taxi to the cruise pier, should be about $10.

Food: lots of great places in dt Seattle, but it really depends on what you are looking for?? Check out city search.com

Sometimes it's tough to find a cab (they're not as plentiful as they are in some other major cities), but if you're staying in Belltown and planning just to see sights in the downtown/Seattle Center area, I'd use the bus system. It's free from 6AM to 7PM in the ride free zone, from Battery Street south to Jackson Street. To go to Seattle Center, pick up the #1, 2, 3 or 4 on 3rd avenue, it's $1.25 most of the time and $1.50 during rush hour and one of those buses will come by every 5-10 minutes. I agree with love2cruiseseattle, I wouldn't mess with a car in Belltown, parking is pretty expensive.

Belltown has a lot of hip trendy restaurants, Flying Fish is the most famous but I agree with the CitySearch suggestion, they tend to have updated reviews about which are the good ones. Icon Grill is usually pretty good and kind of a fun place to go to, it's over near the Westin.

You're about a 10 block walk to the pier, which is kind of far with luggage. Without luggage, it's a nice walk down to the waterfront but I wouldn't want to walk back up that hill, it's really more of a cliff than a hill there.

Thank you. I won't be walking to the pier at all, as I plan on wearing heels to the wedding!

I think I may forego the car since there will be things to do/places to eat around the hotel.

Thank you for your help :) . It's been 17 years since I've been up to Seattle, I'm really looking forwar do it!

Archived