Any Ochos Rios beach brides

I would be really interested to hear about it. what Cruise line are you going on? Are you using a private wedding planner or TWE type. Let me know. We are looking at a June of 2007 wedding, and since neither of us have been there we don't know really where to start. If you want you can email me at michelegriego@comcast.net Talk to you soon!

My hubby and I are supposed to be renewing our vows on Ochos Rios! I don't have alot of information yet but it should be fun planning! Let me know what your plans are! Our intentions are to sail in June 2007--maybe on the Carnival GLory or a Royal Carr ship!

We will also be June 2007, but on Princess. I am really excited, but like I said, not to far into planning the actual wedding. We are still trying to hammer down the exact date and send info to our travelers ASAP. Congrats on the renewal! How many years?

I would be really interested to hear about it. what Cruise line are you going on? Are you using a private wedding planner or TWE type. Let me know. We are looking at a June of 2007 wedding, and since neither of us have been there we don't know really where to start. If you want you can email me at michelegriego@comcast.net Talk to you soon!

We will be cruising on Royal Caribbean's Navigators of the Seas.

We are using a local wedding coordinator; after hearing all the horror stories about Royal Romance it was an easy decision to look elsewhere. I did some research on line and found two reputable wedding coordinators/companies in Jamaica; the only I decided on is actually affilicated with a US companies based on out Florida that rents private villas in Jamaica. My wedding coordinator is wonderful - very informative and prompt to response to my million questions!!!

The overall cost of the wedding is a lot more than what it would cost for a wedding arranged through RR...but I'm getting so much more that it's worth it. For $6000 USD I'm getting the following:

- Private Villa

- Processing of all paperwork

- Officiant

- 5 bouquets, 8 bountonieres and over 20 corsages

- Floral arrangements

- Floral arch

- Runner

- Chair covers

- Cocktail reception (local Jamaican food)

- Open bar

- Steeldrum band

- Classical musician

- Wait staff

- Private bus and bus driver

Photography is extra...I hired an photographer from the US who actually lives in Jamaican part of the year. He charges more than the local photographers but I love his work!

If you have other questions please feel free to contact me at adrienneandkeith@gmail.com.

I couldn't have chosen to do something less elaborate but since I have 80 guests cruising with us my parents felt that we should make it a grander event! My friend just got married on Princess and they had a simple ceremony on ship (and at sea...Princess is the only cruise line where you can get married at sea by the Captain) and their ceremony was amazing!

• 2 months later...

We are cruising on Carnival Triumph at the end of October and getting married in Ocho Rios on November 2nd, 2006.

We booked our wedding first thru Carnival, paid it in full and then after many unanswered questions, phonecalls and emails we cancelled with them.

My fiancee searched and found a private wedding co-ordinator, Almarie Walters with Tropical Weddings Jamaica. The overall cost is a little less than what we had originally paid with Carnival and her services so far have been FANTASTIC.

We had a problem with the money transfers from our bank to hers when they hit New York and she was very efficient in finding the problem for us and getting it fixed. She answers all my questions usually with a few hours of the email being sent and has come up with some great suggestions for our wedding.

After the wedding, I'll post some pictures and a review. Now I just have to keep praying that we make port :p

We are cruising on Carnival Triumph at the end of October and getting married in Ocho Rios on November 2nd, 2006.

We booked our wedding first thru Carnival, paid it in full and then after many unanswered questions, phonecalls and emails we cancelled with them.

My fiancee searched and found a private wedding co-ordinator, Almarie Walters with Tropical Weddings Jamaica. The overall cost is a little less than what we had originally paid with Carnival and her services so far have been FANTASTIC.

We had a problem with the money transfers from our bank to hers when they hit New York and she was very efficient in finding the problem for us and getting it fixed. She answers all my questions usually with a few hours of the email being sent and has come up with some great suggestions for our wedding.

After the wedding, I'll post some pictures and a review. Now I just have to keep praying that we make port :p

She was also our wedding coordinator too, that impeccable service we received I can vouch for, her attentiveness to details and email responses are just amazing.

All the best for your wedding.

Archived