Miami at 5:00 am

cindy2811

Because Delta changed our carefully planned flights (made in February) to our Carnival Valor cruise leaving Miami on 6/25, we are now coming from SoCal on a red-eye that lands in FLL at 5:05 am. Does anyone have a decent way to kill time in Miami early in the morning until you board the ship? I am assuming that we will want to rest/relax/hide because we will not have a whole lot of energy. Renting a hotel room seems a little extravagant to me, but my husband doesn't want to sit around on the grass somewhere like a homeless person.

Wow. This is a bummer. I have a thought. When the airlines have messed up my flights, I have called and for no extra charge they worked with me to make me happy by changing my flights to a more convenient time. Maybe you can call them and see if there is an earlier flight they can get you on.

If something else could work out for you, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Delta did that to me one year, I also called them and they were able to put me on another flight that was more convenient for me at no extra charge. I would give them a call and explain the situation, they may help you out so your flights are more convenient to your plans.

I have That problem also, we are leaving for the Valor on 7-20 from San Francisco, (a direct redeye flight) we will arrive in Miami at 5:00am, thank goodness we are flighing in a few days earily, i talked to the hotel that we will be staying at and they said we could come directly to the hotel and they would let us do an earily check in and if they had no rooms availible, we would get the first one that opens up.

I guess if there are no rooms ready, we will be resting in the hotel lobby for awhile.

I rented a car for 1 day. I got a mini van so we could relax. I also got one with a DVD player. Drove to the ship and watched a movie then dropped the wife and kids off. Gave the porters the luggage and the wife got in line. Then returned the car to hertz by the docks(so it was a one way rental) and got them to shuttle me to where the wife and kids were. Even because it was a 1 day rental you can still turn it in after a few hours. Wasnt a half bad morning. The shuttle from the airport was alittle less then the car was. But we also had a good breakfast on the way. Wasnt really that bad of morning. Good luck. Also do a little shopping for stuff to take on the cruise with you.

Archived