Calling All Savvy Deal Getters!! Upgrades vs. OBC

DreDay

I thought I read about this before but I cannot find the info anymore. Is it possible to get OBC in lieu of upgrades?

The PVP that I'm dealing with is offering an eight category upgrade on the Conquest. Frankly, we'd rather be lower on the ship. I don't want to just give up the upgrades though. Has anyone ever upgraded only one or two categories (or none at all) and recieved OBC?

We are going on our very first cruise next month. We booked in Feb, paid it off in March. Found out in April we were upgraded from a guar 6a to a 6d, (Empress deck), which was great! Then, in May, I saw where the price of our cruise had gone down. I e-mailed our ta, and told her that I had heard from friends (actually i saw it on these boards, but I'd like to think we're all friends), that when the prices went down, even after you had paid it off, you could get on board credit. I told her that I would hate to think that we should have waited until later to book the cruise just to get a lower price, and kindly asked her to call carnival, work her ta magic, and try to get us on board credit. She did, the price of the 3rd person had gone down, and she managed to get us a $230 on board credit. So, we were lucky to get both. I'm chalking it up to beginner's luck:D Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise!:)

Archived