Condos on Waikiki

Hi, we are planning on spending 5 nights in Oahu after our cruise on Pride of Aloha next February. We are considering staying at the Waikik Shores on the beach. Has anyone stayed there? Any other recommendations. Traveling with a total of 3 adults and 2 sixteen year olds.

Thanks.

My sister and I have stayed at the Waikiki Shores a couple of times but it's been a few years. Nice Condos. Having direct Beach access is another plus but you certainly pay for being right on the beach. And I believe you can use the pools next door at the Outrigger Reef.

The last time we were in Waikiki last April 2005, we stayed at the Outrigger Luana. Another very nice condo. Recently remodeled. In fact when were there we couldn't use the pool cuz they were retiling it. But the pool area looked nice not big nice. We liked the fact that they were not far from the same beach where the Shores is. We love the beach in front of Fort DeRussy park. But the Luana is just a short walk and it's right on Kalakaua Ave. Easy to get in and out of with a rental car. They do have parking but there is a fee for it ($12/day I think). Shores has parking too but more limited in number of spaces.

We have also stayed at the Pacific Monarch which is on the other end of Waikiki. Again a few blocks from the beach but we liked the one bedroom we had. We were up high enough to have a pretty good view. Again we liked the fact that they had a big parking lot for our rental car. I don't remember what the cost was for the parking but not much considering it's Waikiki.

Hope this helps some! Whatever you choose enjoy your stay in Hawaii!

Archived