Private touring in Berlin

Does anyone have any experience using Berlin Starting Point for a private one day tour of Berlin? They say they will have a driver pick us up in Warnemunde and return us there and will do a 6 hour tour for up to 6 people for 650 euros. Its less expensive than A friend in Berlin but I haven't heard anything about them. Any information about them or others doing private Berlin tours would be appreciated.

From Warnemünde to Berlin it is to far for 6 h! It takes min. 2.5 h / way by car or 3 h by train, spend your time in Warnemünde or Rostock. You can make a excursion by train to Bad Doberan. From there starts a nostalgic steam train ("Molli") to the Baltic Sea coast.

German train company: http://www.bahn.de/

Steam train: http://www.molli-bahn.de/

Does anyone have any experience using Berlin Starting Point for a private one day tour of Berlin? They say they will have a driver pick us up in Warnemunde and return us there and will do a 6 hour tour for up to 6 people for 650 euros. Its less expensive than A friend in Berlin but I haven't heard anything about them. Any information about them or others doing private Berlin tours would be appreciated.

I was attempting to book with this company a few months back. The man I was working with got completely impatient with my questions and he declined to take my questions or my booking. I never had that happen before.

Pretty unprofessional, if you ask me.

This is who we ended up booking with:

http://www.private-berlin-tours.com/en/index.php?on=1&lang=en

Do you remember who you corresponded with? I have been e-mailing with Peter Weiss and he has responded fairly quickly and answered my questions.

Were you happy with your tour using the company you recommended? Is the tour they describe on their web site the only one available or will they let you design your own tour?

I would appreciate any additional information you can provide. Thanks so much for responding to my post

Berlin, Germany- almost booked with Berlin Stadtfuhrugen but decided to go with the following because I had seen some movies of Tom Williamson guiding in Berlin on a person’s blog and thought he was a good guide. This tour includes:

Deluxe Mercedez wagon car/driver, plus Tom as a guide. 7:30am pickup at the dock, back around 7:45pm. There will be also stop for lunch in the middle of the tour at your choice of restaurant.

http://emcoinc.com/travel/html/Europ...Williamson.htm

The person I dealt with above is Sophia. She's a TA on the east coast, and we're on the west coast, but I haven't had any problems communicating with her. She has also arranged for a private guide for us in Stockholm and can do other countries too. I have found her very good about answering questions and replying promptly.

This is the person's blog that I found videos of Tom doing his guide work on. We ended up wanting to use him because he made things sound interesting, in our opinion. There are other videos on this site of his tours if you do a search.

http://mayda3000.blogspot.com/2005/09/us-embassy-on-pariser-platz.html

Our cruise doesn't leave until June 17th so when I return I can tell you first hand how good or not the Berlin tour was, but I'm expecting it to be great..:).

Diana

Do you remember who you corresponded with? I have been e-mailing with Peter Weiss and he has responded fairly quickly and answered my questions.

Were you happy with your tour using the company you recommended? Is the tour they describe on their web site the only one available or will they let you design your own tour?

I would appreciate any additional information you can provide. Thanks so much for responding to my post

The person I was communicating with was "Klaus".

We are not traveling for another month.

for traveljunky

I have spoken to Peter at BSP .....he was helpful. He coordinates the transport from Warnemunde/rostock to Berlin.(This is a private company for the bus from Warnemunde and Peter cordinates the final booking once you confirm).A 5 hour tour in Berlin is arranged with BSP....you can choose an itenary thgat suits you and your group. i am told that the museum entrance fees are extra and a Jewish tour is also an extra charge to the basic 5 hour tour.

He may seem anxious to get booking confirmed ...i think this is to ensure that the bus booking is secured as there seems to be limited time that the bus booking is held for.I found this somewhat of a rush...but I did understand. We did book with them for July. If you travelling later I can keep you informed.

There are some positive reviews on the Baltics forum wrt BSP.

Good luck

:o Westville

Traveljunky,

We are traveling on the Aug. 3 sail on the Star Princess and have booked private tours for St. Pete's, Stockholm, Gdansk and Berlin. In Berlin, we are using BerlinWalks and they seem to be very professional. They have worked with me for several months to tweek our tour (we are a family of 10, ages 18 to 81) and seem very interested in getting it just right. They are very easy to work with, with a lot of information on their website (http://www.berlinwalks.com/private_cruise.html). I know that the 3 hour trip from Wernemunde is long, but everything I read says it's worth the effort. And since we will be traveling by private minibus/van and not by train, it really seemed worth it since it won't be quite as strenuous and it would be otherwise. And the price was good too - approximately $1500 for the 10 of us, including transportation, entrance into the Jewish Museum Berlin and a private guide in the museum as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Janet

Hi Sharon and David -

We will be in Berlin on August 11 on the Star Princess. Because we are a family of 10 traveling together, we will not be adding on people to our tour. I'm sorry you're having trouble arranging private tours. It has been a long process for us, but not a difficult one even tough I have done it for 4 of the ports. If you need further information, let me know.

Janet

Archived