1st time snorkler/best place to do it?

musicmansmom

hi everybody

i will be in colon, limon and belize. i want to snorkle ( for the first time even though i am a great swimmer ) and see the fish and reefs. can someone tell me where the shallowest and calmest waters to do this would be in what port :confused: ??. and should i do it through the ship or get a private tour. i am totally clueless what to do here for this tour.

thanks alot :)

I'm sorry that I can't directly answer your questions, but I know a place where you might get a faster response to your question. Check out the Scuba and Snorkeling Forum listed under Cruise Discussion Topics. I've linked it here for you. Good luck:)

I'm sorry that I can't directly answer your questions, but I know a place where you might get a faster response to your question. Check out the Scuba and Snorkeling Forum listed under Cruise Discussion Topics. I've linked it here for you. Good luck:)

great idea. embarressed i hadnt thought of that :o . i will go there and peek around. :) thanks

Colon and Limon are not known for their snorkeling. There frequently is a lot of runoff from the rivers into the Atlantic and the visibility can be poor depending on the time of year.

Belize is an outstanding destination for scuba and snorkeling. I would think it would be your best bet of the three.

As far as ship or private excursions, I would think the ship would try to use a reliable operator. But remember, they contact the same people you would. You will pay more on a ship-sponsered excursion, sometimes for the exact same product.

You might consider contacting a local scuba shop in your area. Many of these places are very familiar with snorkeling operators in various areas. The CC boards for each destination are a good choice for ideas, too.

Snorkeling is fun and easy. Enjoy your trip!

Beth

now i know belize is the place for snorkeling. and i am reading alot about a place called goff for the calmest waters. i am going to do some checking into a private tour for the snorkeling. i cant wait to do it. i also want to do the ride over the forest in one of the ports where you set in a tram. that way i can take pix while i am on the tour.

i have alot of time for making my plans so i can check out all the info here on the boards.

this board is ''' the bomb '' for getting great and honest info that helps out us ' first timers' for many things we want to do in our ports.

i am really looking forward to this cruise alot and cant wait to go :D .

Hi I stayed in Belize for a week last May and if you don't go to the barrier reef for snorkeling you will miss the best!!! The water is crystal clear and so calm but the best part is snorkeling along the reef itself--you will not see many fish but the reef has an unbelieveable beauty and I was in awe of it. Its a bit of a ride from the pier but so worth it,contact a dive shop in the area and they will get you to the best spots.

r

Hi I stayed in Belize for a week last May and if you don't go to the barrier reef for snorkeling you will miss the best!!! The water is crystal clear and so calm but the best part is snorkeling along the reef itself--you will not see many fish but the reef has an unbelieveable beauty and I was in awe of it. Its a bit of a ride from the pier but so worth it,contact a dive shop in the area and they will get you to the best spots.

r

thanks for the advice. i will check into it. it sounds great :)

Archived