Age to use Fitness center

All the Royal Caribbean ships i have been on, the age was 16 and they would not allow a parent or adult to accompany anyone under that age! I have a granddaughter who is a National gymnast but is only 14 years old, even though her body proved she is physically active in fitness she could not enter the fitness room!

Being physically active has absolutely nothing to do with it. There are many things in life that have age limitations. This is one of them. RC has decided that you must be 16 to use their fitness centers. Old, fat, out-of-shape 65 year olds are allowed; young, trim, fit 14 year olds are not.

Being physically active has absolutely nothing to do with it. There are many things in life that have age limitations. This is one of them. RC has decided that you must be 16 to use their fitness centers. Old, fat, out-of-shape 65 year olds are allowed; young, trim, fit 14 year olds are not.[/quo

Yes , you are absolutly correct they do let unfit people over the age of 16 in the fitness room. I would assume someone who has EXPERIENCE using the fitness equipment is less a liability then some unfit, over the age of 16, clutzy person who never once used the equipment! Mt point was that even if you try to get in under the age of 16 and you are experienced with all the equipment that is in that room, you still will not be allowed into it.

All the Royal Caribbean ships i have been on, the age was 16 and they would not allow a parent or adult to accompany anyone under that age! I have a granddaughter who is a National gymnast but is only 14 years old, even though her body proved she is physically active in fitness she could not enter the fitness room!

We had the same problem a few years ago when my daughter was 14 (she was trying out for high school cheerleading the week after our cruise, and needed the workouts.) We just brough her smaller dumbells along, and had the room steward move a chair out of the room to give her room to workout in our room. (Sorry if anyone was under us!:eek: )

Funny thing is....at the time, and even now, she had her own gym membership at home....even though under 16 here, she had to have a parent with her, which would have been no problem on the ship IF that was allowed, but we never even attempted to try....rules are rules!

Four years of High School cheerleading later, she's going on her 3rd cruise to celebrate her 18th birthday, and high school graduation....and she LOVES being able to use the gym on ships, and plans on using the spa quite a bit!

With age comes perks;) !

Take Care,

Jaime

This is an insurance liability issue and their insurance company would determine their risk exposure and assign an age limit. They are probably the insurance company or could be Lloyd's of London, ect. Lifetime Fitness in my area allows 12 and up but also will tell you that a growing preteen can cause terrible injury to their developing bones, muscles and tendons causing permanant damage. Just my two cents. They decide the age limit and that is the bottom line. If you sneak someone in underage, all they will do is ask them to leave.

Archived