Anan Creek Bears

dbarlag2

I reserved with Family Air to do the Anan Creek Bear viewing on 7/4 and then a flight back through the Misty Fjords. Does anyone have experience with this company? or this particular excursion? Also, is this too early to view the Bears?

Thanks

That's about the time I was planning on doing Anan too--I researched it and asked around. You are about 2 weeks early to view the bears--you may see some, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money for "may" and "some."

I decided on going to Kenai during my land tour before that--are you doing a land tour as well?

Otherwise, Pack Creek may be better?

I have been to Anan, you are early and with this tour costing over $400 I only go during peak sightings. If an option to later book, I would hold off and see what the sightings are a week out. I canceled a trip last year, because of high water levels. If you can get that flexability??? Would you still be flying Misty Fjords??? Highly recommended.

Not sure of the reference, but bears out of Kenai Fjords are rare, best and cheapest bargain around is Denali Park!!!

Pack Creek is for browns Alaska Fly N fish has permits, out of Juneau. Inquire directly what the sighting stats are.

Not sure of the reference, but bears out of Kenai Fjords are rare, best and cheapest bargain around is Denali Park!!!

Pack Creek is for browns Alaska Fly N fish has permits, out of Juneau. Inquire directly what the sighting stats are.

I am so sorry, I meant Katmai. But, since you're not going on the land tour, I'd go to Pack Creek, as BQ suggests.

Good luck!

The salmon start spawning at Anan Creek the earliest and you do have good chances of seeing bears then, but I would check with Family Air and ask them if they will let you know if the bears are being seen once you are there in Ketchikan. Family Air is a reputable company and I believe they would let you know if the bears are not showing up yet. Just verify with them how they handle this. :)

Archived