Freedom Photos Arriving In Miami

Unfortunately, my 18th story condo faces Government Cut (miami's cruise ship alley) - and I have to see all the ships come and go...just kidding since I am a cruise fanatic...I've just launched some pix of her arriving on a gloomy day - but you'll get the picture... enjoy! This link should be working

http://community.webshots.com/user/tributestudios

Not to trump anyone, but I took a few from my balcony as well this morning. Pardon the quality... it was gray out this morning AND when I noticed the Freedom coming in, I had just enough time to run out on the balcony with the camera... which caused the lense to fog, etc! Anyway... here's a couple... enjoy.

http://community.webshots.com/user/pmanchuk

Do you really think it's THAT big though? I mean I looked at some pictures I took of the voyager class ships that I see here all the time, and it doesn't look that much bigger. I mean I counted an extra 2 life boats which to me, doesn't translate to that much extra size... I could be wrong.

Hey there HumanCookie, glad you enjoyed the pics. Actually I have a webcam BUT I haven't been able to find a way to secure it outside. When you live on the 31st floor, it gets windy up here and I don't think the people 31 floors down at the pool would appreciate running from a falling webcam! But if I figure it out, I'll let y'all know!

Great Photos.. I watched on the webcam this morning as she arrived into Miami

So pmanchuk & seaventurer ~ as residents of the Miami area could you suggest a good vantage point that is accessible to the public that I could watch Freedom sail out of Miami... I am on the June 4 sailing and will be in Miami June 3 early.. I understand she will be sailing at 4pm on June 3 for a one night fundraiser and I would like to see her sail out of port and get some good shots...

Any suggestions would be wonderful

Thanks for sharing those photos :)

Emmy

Actually I have the PERFECT spot to see her sail... South Pointe Park on South Beach. It's public and it's right on the waters edge... along the inlet. You can't possibly get any closer than that. If you go to South Beach... the MacArthur Causeway turns into 5th Street one you get on the beach... from there, turn right onto Washington Ave. and head south to the very end (about 5 blocks). Find parking anywhere on the streets in that area (metered). The park is along the waters edge... right where Smith & Wolensky's is. Once you're there... you can even sit on the rocks lining the inlet and watch the ships float past you just a few yards away!

Do you really think it's THAT big though? I mean I looked at some pictures I took of the voyager class ships that I see here all the time, and it doesn't look that much bigger. I mean I counted an extra 2 life boats which to me, doesn't translate to that much extra size... I could be wrong.

No, she is not that much larger. She is 92 feet longer, and when you take out the extra width that the whirlpools add (24 feet...12 on each side) she is no wider than Voyager Class. Afterall, she is just an extended version of Voyager.

So in all actuality, by going on the Navigator of the Seas in September instead of the Freedom... I'm not really going to be missing much. I mean if it's just an extended version of the Voyager class... what's there to miss? the hot tubs and the wave rider thing? I guess I'll be more impressed when the Genesis finally sails... because it will be a drastic change... completely new design.

HOWEVER, I will say, with all of the ships that I see from my balcony in and out of the Port of Miami, the Radiance class ships are by far my favorite. There's just something very sleek about the lines of the ship... whereas I think the Voyager class looks a little "chubby". Just my personal opinion though.

Just for comparison sake, I added a picture of the Navigator of the Seas that I took the other week to the album... if you look at them both, the differences aren't huge... and I personally think the pic of the Navigator is one of my favorites.

Actually I have the PERFECT spot to see her sail... South Pointe Park on South Beach. It's public and it's right on the waters edge... along the inlet. You can't possibly get any closer than that. If you go to South Beach... the MacArthur Causeway turns into 5th Street one you get on the beach... from there, turn right onto Washington Ave. and head south to the very end (about 5 blocks). Find parking anywhere on the streets in that area (metered). The park is along the waters edge... right where Smith & Wolensky's is. Once you're there... you can even sit on the rocks lining the inlet and watch the ships float past you just a few yards away!

thanks... I think I know the spot... :)

Em

Emmy, here's where I'll be at around 3:30 PM on June 3rd. Watson Island, directly across from the RCCL piers. As you enter the MacArthur Causeway heading to MB, just get off at the first exit, might say Parrott Jungle or something like that. Then you'll be able to find your way right to the edge of Government Cut opposite RCCL and Freedom.

If you stop, look for a short fat guy with glasses driving a rental car. That'll be me. Gotta get back up to Fort Lauderdale for a flight home, so can't chance all the traffic in South Beach.

So in all actuality, by going on the Navigator of the Seas in September instead of the Freedom... I'm not really going to be missing much. I mean if it's just an extended version of the Voyager class... what's there to miss? the hot tubs and the wave rider thing? I guess I'll be more impressed when the Genesis finally sails... because it will be a drastic change... completely new design.

HOWEVER, I will say, with all of the ships that I see from my balcony in and out of the Port of Miami, the Radiance class ships are by far my favorite. There's just something very sleek about the lines of the ship... whereas I think the Voyager class looks a little "chubby". Just my personal opinion though.

After comparing the photos, I noticed one of the other differences is in the back where the Windjammer is, on Freedom the windjammer windows hang out farther and extend around the sides more than voyager class. Looks like it is a bit larger.

Archived