Procrastinator - help! Dinner wear

jands3

Always a procrastinator. Packing 5 people tonight to leave early am tomorrow for Alaska. Having trouble with dinner wear. On the casual nights, on our other cruises that still meant sundresses, summer skirts, etc. But on an Alaska cruise I don't think we want that, but on casual nights I still doubt if jeans are what to wear. Anyone been on an Alaska cruise and willing to post back if many wear jeans or is mostly slacks, skirts? I'll be up late:( thanks for any help.

I don't know for sure, but I think most of the cruises to Alaska don't allow jeans in the dining room for dinner. It depends on the cruise line. Check their website, and it should tell you. Also try travelocity or expedia for reviews on the exact ship, and sometimes they list it on there.

I just got back from a northbound cruise on Carnival's Spirit. I must say that everything was just a little more casual on this cruise. I saw jeans in the dining room everynight including the two formal ones. Those that dressed up for formal nights were not as gussied up as they have been on previous cruises. Very few tuxs, mostly nice jacket and slacks or docker type pants. Women tended to be in basic black dresses or very nice slack outfits. Those of us who wore anything sparkly were in the minority.

Be sure to pack some tshirts or even just wear the ones you buy for souveniers to save space in baggage. It was much warmer than I expected. Only needed jackets early in the mornings or late at night on the outside decks. Usually was warm enough by noon for tshirts.

Hope this helps.

Always a procrastinator. Packing 5 people tonight to leave early am tomorrow for Alaska. Having trouble with dinner wear. On the casual nights, on our other cruises that still meant sundresses, summer skirts, etc. But on an Alaska cruise I don't think we want that, but on casual nights I still doubt if jeans are what to wear. Anyone been on an Alaska cruise and willing to post back if many wear jeans or is mostly slacks, skirts? I'll be up late:( thanks for any help.

A lot depends on the cruiseline. Celebrity-ABSOLUTELY NOT. Carnival-I guess you can get away with anything. NCL-??. And I won't cruise Princess again because they allowed people in the dining room on formal night in sparkly T-shirts that said Alaska and jeans. If I wanted to eat at Outback, I wouldn't have spent $7000.00 on a cruise.

Archived