Conquest Cabin 8223 & 8231

DreDay

Wondering if anyone else has been in either one of these cabins. It looks like there are cabins above and below so I'm not overly concerned with people noise but rather ship noise and motion. Also, how convenient to dining rooms, etc. Any input would be appreciated.:)

I just got back from the Conquest Sunday. I was righ down the hall from your room at room 8283. I had a roomate in the room that requested a fan the first night and that drowned all the outside noise out. I wasnt bothered at all before the fan tho.

Enjoy! I sure do miss those pillow chocolates and the cute little towel animals! Oh, and Nyoman and Inoman. lol

Mandi

Thanks for the info!! We will have four in this room (DH, myself, and DS & DD) so we the two uppers are necessary to accomodate us all. In our second room we will have two (brother, and DD) but we wanted the flexibility to add two others, hence the two uppers in the second room.

Movement wise is the front a disadvantage?

Motion? Hmmm, well our week started out with bad weather. I could feel the motion of the ocean all over the whole ship. The first few days 'Peepaw' couldnt find his bags and my SO and I spent those days seaching every floor... we felt the movement literally everywhere. After Wednesday the weather turned better and the movement slowed down a lot. I am pretty sure you will be just fine though. we had a few people with motions sickness but they had the predetermined notion that they were gonna have it. I think they brought it on themselves. Take caution... if you think there will be a possibility of getting sick then go ahead and take the bonine BEFORE. If you get it... you dont really get rid of it. Oh, and if your dining in the Monet.... whoo, it is right above the engine. You can really feel the movement a whole lot there. The first day was terrible.

Have extra fun for me!!! I really miss it!

mom2cruise- thanks for the info. It's not me that I am worried about. I seem to have a tummy or steel!!!!!!! It's my DH and kids that I worry about. If they are not feeling well, then I'm not feeling well!! Just the rule of being a mommy I guess!!:)

We have cruised twice before, both times on much smaller ships (Ecstasy & Elation) and both times we had lots of motion and it wasn't even bad weather (May & November). We were on the Upper Deck both times there so the Verandah deck will be new to us as well.

I love all the little tips I get here. It's great!!

• 4 months later...
I am bringing this back up to the top...I am hoping there have been some fellow cc'rs in these cabins in the recent past.

Any info would be great...

We just got off the Conquest this morning. We were in Cabin 8284 on the Port side not too far back from your cabin. We felt very little movement and enjoyed our cabin. Our dinners were on the Atlantic Deck (4) in the Monet dining room at the back of the ship. Although the view was nice, our table rattled a lot from the engine. Made me wonder why anyone would "want" to have an aft cabin. I like having my cabin on the port side to watch guests leaving/returning to the ship while in port.

Archived