Auckland

Skyrules

Hi from Auckland, where it looks like Pacific Star is in for a damp cold welcome tomorrow, not nice for her first arrival to New Zealand.

I bet Rach, coming from the warmth of the Northern Territory, is noticing the differnce - I think she arrived here today in preparation for her cruise tomorrow.

We arrived over here yesterday from Brisbane, and while we noticed the difference, it was bearable, but the weather deteriorated overnight and today's been cold wet and windy.

We're hoping to get to Princes Wharf tomorrow to re-unite with Pacific Star, albeit briefly and from a distance, and hopefully we'll see her sail on her maiden departure from the City of Sails, if we can fit it in.

Kym

Hi skyrules. What are you doing in NZ and not on a cruise? Are you on a land holiday? Are you with family? If you are on a holiday I hope you have a great time. Let the family know what NZ is like incase any of us go there. Are you doing snow skiing? Will watch STAR on cruisecam. suexxx

The weather improved through the day to welcome Pacific Star to Auckland.

Here she is leaving.......

PacificStar-060527-3078.jpg

More photos of Star in Auckland from the web can be found here on Geoffs web site.......

http://iggy.co.nz/cruise/photo.php?category=cruise06&name=PacificStar0601

She is now doing 7 sell out cruises.Star looked a lot smaller than I expected but I guess after seeing Sapphire Princess at the wharf anything would.She could do with a paint touch up though, to cover the rust around the anchor.

David did you take that photo or is it one of Geoff's? It's a good one either way, and very similar to one I took! It was taken at the viewing platform at the end of the wharf yes?

Yes, it turned into a lovely afternoon, and it was great to see so many people out on the wharf to see the ship off - a bit differnt to the handful of ships agents and customs officals that see the ships leave Brisbane at the moment.

We were able to go up into one of the buildings by the waterfront and got to watch her sail out through the harbour, a very impressive sight - although not quite as impressive as Sydney Harbour.

I'll put some of my photo's up on my webshots site when we get back to Brisbane.

Kym

Hi skyrules. What are you doing in NZ and not on a cruise? Are you on a land holiday? Are you with family? If you are on a holiday I hope you have a great time. Let the family know what NZ is like incase any of us go there. Are you doing snow skiing? Will watch STAR on cruisecam. suexxx

Just having a quick, 5 day, visit to Auckland to visit my partner's family and celebrate his mother's birthday. So no cruising this time, or skiing, or much touring either.

I love NZ - this is my 4th visit here (of varying lengths) but there is still so much more to see. We are coming over again at Christmas, and are hoping to do a bit more touring then - heading down to Wellington & Christchurch. It's been so nice to see lots of green grass and so much rain! We keep telling people off when they complain about the rainy weather, they don't know how lucky they are! Up at my partners parents' property (about 1hr north of Auckland), water is just lying there in some of the paddocks - we were trying to work out some way of bottling it and bringing it home.

Kym

Good morning Skyrules. Thanks for the reply. Missed the sail away. Went to see our son and daughter in law. She is due to give us our 1st grand child within 3weeks. They live about 1hr. from us so we go as much as possible. Our 2nd grand child is due about 6weeks after the 1st. DH and I are soooooo excited. I think by Feb we will need our cruise. Enjoy your selves over there. suexxx

David did you take that photo or is it one of Geoff's? It's a good one either way, and very similar to one I took! It was taken at the viewing platform at the end of the wharf yes?

Hi Kym,

The photo is from Geoffs site.Mine never come out that good,and yes it was from the end of the wharf.

a bit differnt to the handful of ships agents and customs officals that see the ships leave Brisbane at the moment.

Wait till the new Terminal opens.It should be really great then.

We were able to go up into one of the buildings by the waterfront and got to watch her sail out through the harbour, a very impressive sight - although not quite as impressive as Sydney Harbour.

Sydney Harbour is one of the best in the World.

Enjoy your stay in Auckland.

All the best........

Skyrules, you must be staying not far from where I live. We are 1 hour north of Auckland also and have had tooooooooooooooooooo much rain lately. Whereabouts are you. Doens't matter if you don't want to say as I don't like giving out exact locations on the net myself.

Hi Rockie,

Seems like we are all North of Auckland ,well nearly.

I am moving from 30 minutes South of Auckland to 30 minutes north of Auckland this week to be near the beach.

The house is all packed up and we are waiting for the removal truck on Thurs.It is a bit like getting ready to go on a cruise when all your bags are packed and you are waiting for the taxi to arrive.

Never mind once everything is all sorted out and unpacked I can start planning another cruise.........

Good morning Skyrules. Thanks for the reply. Missed the sail away. Went to see our son and daughter in law. She is due to give us our 1st grand child within 3weeks. They live about 1hr. from us so we go as much as possible. Our 2nd grand child is due about 6weeks after the 1st. DH and I are soooooo excited. I think by Feb we will need our cruise. Enjoy your selves over there. suexxx

Wait till you have nine, then you will need TWO cruises a year. We are expecting our 9th grandbaby in a couple of weeks. Daughter and daughter in law both had babies 18 months ago, 4 days apart. I have 2 grandkids 2 weeks apart. The oldest has just turned 11 and thinks he is now old enough to come on our cruises with me. I told him OH NO YOUR'E NOT... I told him we go to get away from yous fellas. I asked one daughter how they all got on for babysitters when we went away. She said they really really really suffer. So I grinned.

I have one of the 18month olds here at the moment and she is wrecking the house. It is too wet to go outside.

Skyrules, you must be staying not far from where I live. We are 1 hour north of Auckland also and have had tooooooooooooooooooo much rain lately. Whereabouts are you. Doens't matter if you don't want to say as I don't like giving out exact locations on the net myself.

Back in Brisbane now after our quick trip across the ditch.

My partner's parents live in Matakana, but we didn't stay there this trip, we stayed in Auckland, but we were up there on Friday. This trip we stayed at Waterview in suburban Auckland.

10 mins from us Sky. Pity you didn't go on Saturday for the Farmers Market. I used to go over every Saturday untill the Aucklanders found out about it and now you can't move for people. Matakana is the new Parnell. Very thriving wee town.

10 mins from us Sky. Pity you didn't go on Saturday for the Farmers Market. I used to go over every Saturday untill the Aucklanders found out about it and now you can't move for people. Matakana is the new Parnell. Very thriving wee town.

Yes, would have been nice to go to the Farmers Markets but our plans didn't really allow for another trip up on Saturday. The flood of Aucklander's does seem to be making a difference - I've noticed the change just in the 3 years that I've been visiting there.

Kym

Archived