Elation - Empress deck below dining area

pmb

there is a big difference between being under the dining room and being under a galley.

The dining room is carpeted but the galley is where they do all the work/preparing.

Nonna- was your cabin under a dining room or galley? if under the dining room what did you hear?

Serene 56 -- Thank you for your help --- you are such a great asset to this board --- have you experienced staying under the dining room? I still have that room assigned and would appreciate your input. Thank you very much.

I have not stayed in a room under the galley. The dining room is a different area.

What one are you located?

The dining room is carpeted and you will not hear nothing from that area-

Now the galley is something different entirely. This is where they prepare for the dining room-- cooking/cleaning etc. On the older ships you will hear stuff going on in there from the Empress deck.

This is from reading reviews for the past few years.. there are cabins that are in better locations then others.

My email is serene56@aol.com if you dont feel comfortable putting a cabin # here.

PS- did you book this cabin directly or was it as a gurantee assignment?

I have not stayed in a room under the galley. The dining room is a different area.

What one are you located?

The dining room is carpeted and you will not hear nothing from that area-

Now the galley is something different entirely. This is where they prepare for the dining room-- cooking/cleaning etc. On the older ships you will hear stuff going on in there from the Empress deck.

This is from reading reviews for the past few years.. there are cabins that are in better locations then others.

My email is serene56@aol.com if you dont feel comfortable putting a cabin # here.

PS- did you book this cabin directly or was it as a gurantee assignment?

E168 is the cabin number. Doesn't bother me to tell it, we will hardly be in it:D Thanks for your help

I am cruising for 1st time. We are booked on the Empress, Oct 21st for Philly. Deck 8, rm 8170. Can anyone tell me if this room is okay? Also, want to thank everyone at this site, because of you guys I saved $200 on cruise, I kept checking the RCCL site and found a senior rate on the category I booked.

I am cruising for 1st time. We are booked on the Empress, Oct 21st for Philly. Deck 8, rm 8170. Can anyone tell me if this room is okay? Also, want to thank everyone at this site, because of you guys I saved $200 on cruise, I kept checking the RCCL site and found a senior rate on the category I booked.

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/empressoftheseas.htm

everything about te EMpress can be found here.

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), vanity area, and a private bathroom. (139 sq. ft.)

Please note: Staterooms 8000-8004 & 8500-8504 have obstructed views.

so your cabindoes not have an obstuctions.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=0000xyMoQVKQc9eJ8uaHitQ_e0m:10ktmeu5p?shipCode=NE&cabincls=O&cabinType=SO&br=R&deckCode=CM

Have a great cruise.

Archived