Renewing vows in June/July 2007! Anyone else?

Likewise, we are booked on the Inspiration, only in September. We were looking to renew our vows on an uncrowded area of Grand Cayman. Does anyone have any info? We also may have the option of changing cruises to go to Key West and were wondering about vow renewal there. Any thoughts?

We went to Cozumel on the Triumph in 2003. Went to Chankanaab National Park to swim with dolphins. That was ok but the real joy of that day was going to the beach bar, getting chips and guac and a couple of Dos Equis while sitting under a Palapa on the beach. It was quiet and felt very secluded. Great water and looks like pretty decent snorkeling if you are in to that.

We just did a vow renewal on St. John, it was so wonderful. (Casual, barefoot on the beach, with just us and the minister and planner.) Sorry I can't help with the Western ITN ports. The best thing to do would be to google weddings and the partcular island- weddings Grand Caymen- etc.

The best advice I have- start looking for a dress now. We decided last fall to do a renewal on our March cruise and there were no summer sundresses in the stores at the time. :rolleyes: I looked even up to March when we left and there was nothing, I searched the web and also the bridal stores. Of course right now I have seen so many that would have been perfect.......... (Dillards, Pennys, Ann Taylor and even old Navy has one.) I suggest to shop now!

We kept our renewal very simple and concentrated on the service, and it was everything we wanted. The only things I would do different would have been to have known earlier so I could have found the white sundress, and maybe ordered a bunch (not bouquet) of flowers to carry.

Have fun with the renewal. Ours will always be one of our fondest memories, it was so meaningful, actually perfect.:D It was great way to celebrate 25 years of wedded bliss, reflect on those years, and look to the future years. I know we will go back to St. John and go to Hawksnest on a future renewal anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...
Likewise, we are booked on the Inspiration, only in September. We were looking to renew our vows on an uncrowded area of Grand Cayman. Does anyone have any info? We also may have the option of changing cruises to go to Key West and were wondering about vow renewal there. Any thoughts?

I would seriously think twice about having the ceremony while in Grand Cayman. That is a tender port and always has the possibility of being skipped due to high winds, rough seas and the like... you would be safer to plan for Key West.

• 7 months later...

After doing lots and LOTS of research, we have decided to cruise on an Eastern itinerary. Since we will only have 3 days at port over the course of 7 days, I am pretty sure that we will have the ceremony on the ship. I didn't wear a white dress to my first wedding... one of my biggest regrets, so I am getting a white dress and think it will be loads of fun to walk around the ship with my husband in our "wedding" attire. I figure we'll go eat and maybe go to one of the clubs and have a grand time.

After doing lots and LOTS of research, we have decided to cruise on an Eastern itinerary. Since we will only have 3 days at port over the course of 7 days, I am pretty sure that we will have the ceremony on the ship. I didn't wear a white dress to my first wedding... one of my biggest regrets, so I am getting a white dress and think it will be loads of fun to walk around the ship with my husband in our "wedding" attire. I figure we'll go eat and maybe go to one of the clubs and have a grand time.

Have a great cruise and renewal. Enjoy!!

Archived