Just got my Aquapac!

I just received my Aquapac to house my digital camera while snorkeling. Of course it will be six months before I can put it to the test, but I did take some land shots and they came out great. I couldn't even tell that I was using the Aquapac! It was a little hard to manipulate the buttons and keep the camera in the right position but I think maybe i should've gotten a larger one for my camera, as mine just barely fits, but it'll do!

HarleyGirl,

Hey, I just bought an Aquapac yesterday. I looked at the large one at the strore too, but decided to go with the smaller one for a couple of reasons.

1) the larger one you could only take pics thru one side whereas the smaller one you are free to shoot out of either side... (as I am a lefty that made a big difference for me):)

2) the larger one was bulky and the clasp was really really heavy...

I will be trying mine out like in the pool or bathtub or something here real soon... ha ha as I would hate to get out on my excursion and then it leak or something like that...

It was kinda confusing to me how it actually sealed, but it says it does...

I got mine at a local store, did you order yours online? Do you know much about it?

I also recently received my aquapac in the mail. I sail next week so I haven't officially "used" it yet. However, I put a paper towel inside the pac and submerged it in the sink. The paper towel came out dry! I, too, have practiced taking pictures with it and found it to be just as clear as when not inside the pac.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I ordered mine thru Amazon.com so I was pretty much guessing about the size and weight (it does give the size though). I measured my camera with the lens zoomed out and it was just within the size limit for the large, but when I got it, it barely fit, but it DID fit so its fine. As far as sealing it, all you do is put your camera in there and turn each of the little dial-type things (mine has three I think) and it's sealed. Just put something like a piece of paper in it and stick it in the sink. You'll see. It's really easy and you will be shocked at how you can't even tell a difference when you take a picture through it. I can't wait to go snorkeling now!

wardmav1,

so I guess you have used your Aquapac by now, ya got any pictures that you took using it, that the rest of us could look at?

so excited!!! Mines approaching in ~3 1/2 weeeks

• 1 month later...
Hi! I ordered mine thru Amazon.com so I was pretty much guessing about the size and weight (it does give the size though). I measured my camera with the lens zoomed out and it was just within the size limit for the large, but when I got it, it barely fit, but it DID fit so its fine. As far as sealing it, all you do is put your camera in there and turn each of the little dial-type things (mine has three I think) and it's sealed. Just put something like a piece of paper in it and stick it in the sink. You'll see. It's really easy and you will be shocked at how you can't even tell a difference when you take a picture through it. I can't wait to go snorkeling now!

Which size did you buy, and how long is your camera front to back with the zoom lens fully extended? I'm having trouble trying to figure out whether I need the small or the large, and I'd hate to buy a bigger size than I need.

got some bad news... I got back from my cruise a few weeks ago and my Apuapac leaked!:mad: The first place we stopped to use it was the stinray sandbar in GC... I took about 3-4 pictures when I noticed that there were a few drops of water in the bag...so I just handed it to someone on the catamaran until we were done. It was my mom's digital camera in there, so I was kinda scared at the damage it had done.

Well afterwards, I opened it up and it had about 1 inch of water in the bag, and I couldn't tell how it had gotten it there?:confused:

Luckily my mom's camera was a little cheapy whose lens didnt zoom or open in anyway... so there was no damage. Yah!

Anyways, I had to return my aquapac when I got home... and well as for taking pictures while on the beach and in the water... it sucked cause I hadn't bother to bring any disposable cameras.

Good luck, hope your works better than mine did. Maybe mine was just a "bad" one... but I couldn't see where it was even leaking the water in.?!?

If the camera had gotten ruined this could have been a nightmare.

got some bad news... I got back from my cruise a few weeks ago and my Apuapac leaked!:mad: The first place we stopped to use it was the stinray sandbar in GC... I took about 3-4 pictures when I noticed that there were a few drops of water in the bag...so I just handed it to someone on the catamaran until we were done. It was my mom's digital camera in there, so I was kinda scared at the damage it had done.

Well afterwards, I opened it up and it had about 1 inch of water in the bag, and I couldn't tell how it had gotten it there?:confused:

Luckily my mom's camera was a little cheapy whose lens didnt zoom or open in anyway... so there was no damage. Yah!

Anyways, I had to return my aquapac when I got home... and well as for taking pictures while on the beach and in the water... it sucked cause I hadn't bother to bring any disposable cameras.

Good luck, hope your works better than mine did. Maybe mine was just a "bad" one... but I couldn't see where it was even leaking the water in.?!?

If the camera had gotten ruined this could have been a nightmare.

Sorry to hear that -- glad you had no camera damage. I think I'm going to get one anyway, I hear mostly very positive things, and the alternatives are just much too expensive for a $150 camera.

Which size did you buy, and how long is your camera front to back with the zoom lens fully extended? I'm having trouble trying to figure out whether I need the small or the large, and I'd hate to buy a bigger size than I need.

I was able to see what size I needed by checking on their website and they had a chart showing what size by camera model. I have not bought mine yet, we have a few more months to go before our cruise...

Has anyone else had any problems? I hate that the aquapac leaked Ms.Mimi......:mad: are they giving you any problems about returning it?

Has anyone else had any problems? I hate that the aquapac leaked Ms.Mimi......:mad: are they giving you any problems about returning it?

I didn't order mine online... I went to a local sporting goods store (Phillip Gall's) and asked if they would order me one. I also told them I didn't know which size I wanted, so I had them order one of both sizes and then when they came in I took my camera to the store and decided the one I wanted.

No they didn't give me any problem with returning it... I had kept the original packaging and receipt. If you go this route, then I just suggest checking on the store's return policy... If you get yours online, the packaging does say, 100% guaranteed. (That's for the Aquapac - not the contents.)

Hope you guys have better luck than I did, I was really disappointed that the one I had was defective.

On the up side, their was a guy on the excursion who had a nice camera in a big waterproof case who did take some high quality pictures of us, for a charge of like $30. (little pricey, but better than nothing... cause the experience was truly a great one! and the pictures are a great reminder!)

Do you think it was possible that maybe you got some sand in the area that seals, which would cause it not to seal properly? Did you test it in the sink or bathtub first? I am sorry yours did not work. I have only put mine in the sink so far, since my trip isn't until November. I am going to take a couple underwater disposables just in case.

Do you think it was possible that maybe you got some sand in the area that seals, which would cause it not to seal properly? Did you test it in the sink or bathtub first?

I did try mine in the sink at home before using and it did not get the paper towel wet... but in all fairness it was only a few inches deep and I didn't really leave it in there but a few seconds. (guess I was just convinced it was gonna work fine)

I'm positive it wasn't the sand in the seal... I took it out of the pkg. while on the boat and put the camera in before ever getting to the beach or the water.:confused: go figure...

I wish I had thought to bring some disposables for a backup... good idea.

Hope yours works for you!

I think I will fill my tub all the way up and hold it in there for a long time with my camera in it and see what happens. I would rather replace the camera now, three months before my cruise, than having it die on me in the middle of my trip. I hate it happened to you but I hope it was just some strangle fluke!

For what it's worth, I ended up ordering a dicapac off eBay. I felt better about it vs. the aquapac because I saw some very positive reviews on line, and because it's designed specifically for a camera and comes in different models for specific camera models. As opposed to the aquapac, which basically seems to be a generic underwater pack that happens to be able to accommodate a camera. It should be here in a couple of days. I'll let you know.

Archived