All Inclusive Cruise?

mae

Let's look at this another way. Do you think the price of the cruise should be lowered, and that more things should be paid for separately? Unless you include EVERYTHING, there's always going to be a question as to what should be included and what shouldn't. Of course, no solution will please everybody.:)

That is exactly right. For instance, we never use room service. Lets face it, with all the places to get food on a ship how far do you really have to go to get some? But I am willing to have the cost of room service included in my fare so that others will not have to drag themselves to the elevator to go up one or two decks to get some food. I just wish those same people would stop b!tching because they are subsidizing my use of the rock wall in their cruise fare.

I'm not asking this question to be snarky, but rather because I don't understand. Why would you be okay with paying a few hundred dollars more for a cruise that incldued alcohol drinks when you don't drink? That means you are paying for someone else's alcohol, in unlimited quantities if it's all-inclusive.

Do you really think that the overall quality would go up by including these things? I'm not sure I see how. The revenue would probably be about the same overall, so RCI would have no incentive to raise the quality of anything they currently offer. As for tips, I've not heard that those lines that include them in the cruise fare (or as an add-on mandatory charge) have any better or worse service than those that don't.

I really am just curious because my DH doesn't drink alcohol. We do not want our cruise fare raised so that we can pay for others can drink more.

I have no problem paying for only the extras we want and keeping the cruise fare lower.

beachchick

We just did X's xpedition which included alcohol, shore excursions. tipping, and found the level of service higher then when it's not all inclusive. During happy hour the bar tender made a mean chocolate shake and many people enjoyed the non alcoholic drinks while some enjoyed the alcoholic ones. We did have an occasional glass of wine with dinner. It was nice not to have to present your seapass for every little things. The age group was more middle age and above but not elderly and there were no children. Of course gift shop purchases were on your seapass. One half hour massage was complimentary to us as elite members. This fits my cruising taste more then the family oriented cruises. I am going on first "regular" Celebrity cruise on the constellation next Oct and will be interested to compare it to RCL.

I believe the cost isn't that much different, although it is a little higher but then again the cruise quality was a little higher.

Archived