Alaska Cruise photos..

Brneyznfl

You took the most beautiful photos! Me and my partner kept looking through them -- each one better than the previous! Amazing work...you must be a pro!

Thanks for sharing -- I hope to return the favor with a few after we get back after next week's cruise.

Gosh thank you! No not a pro at all..very much an amateur! I bought a Sony camera just for the trip. It did all the work for me. LOL Seriously though, Alaska is so beautiful, you can't help but take some nice photos!

These are from when I sailed on NCL Sun on 5/13. I took quite a few photos but unfortunately only one of the cabin and none of the rest of the ship! Sorry about that. The Alaskan scenery was what captured my attention on this cruise.

www.brneyznfl.shutterfly.com

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us! We leave for Alaska in just 2 days on the Star. You've increased our excitement in wanting to see Alaska once again! Can't wait!

Thank You so much for sharing these amazing pictures! What a nice time I had sitting back with a cup of coffee and veiwing what must be breathtaking sights in person.Glad you had the chance to do it.Hope to go myself one of these days.Thanks again!

I bought a Sony DSC-H1. It's not the latest model. I believe there's a DSC-H2 and soon to come out the H5. This camera has a 2.5 LCD screen which I really like plus a 12X zoom which really came in handy . The close ups of the waterfalls are from my zoom. If you use the camera for basic shooting, it's easy to use. There are all kinds of fancy settings on it that I still need to learn. I have over 40 eyes and I found that by going to Sony's website, it's easier to read the manual online. It's a 5.1 meg camera which for me was plenty. I kept the camera setting on to shoot 5.1 meg pics and bought a 2 gig card which was more than enough room for all my photos. One thing on my wish list though if I get to go back to Alaska is binoculars with a digital camera. Sometimes I would see some wildlife with my binoculars and by the time I reached for my camera, they were gone.

I'm bookmarking this link so I can make it through the next 20 days until we sail! If you don't mind, I'm also going to post a note on the Princess website, as your pics of the Diamond are great and there are probably some who would like copies. Thanks for sharing!

Wonderful photos! Love the eagles on the iceburgs, awesome!

Claudia

Get this, just came back from Alaska Friday and was about to load my pic into the computer and could not find the memory stick !!!:eek: Talk about freaked out. I finally found them 2 hours later. Can you imagine coming home w/no photos!

AcworthBill:

Yes, the twin Sawyer Glaciers are at the end of Tracy Arm Fjord. We had a wonderful cruise through Tracy Arm before we got to the glaciers two years ago. As may have been mentioned on this thread, getting all the way to Sawyer Glacier isn't guaranteed -- it depends on the weather conditions and amount of ice.

Brney,

Thank you so much for these pictures. I have the same itinerary on 6/17. Your cruise to the glacier seems awesome. Which port is that again?

WOW, I've been so busy with my life...that I haven't had time to focus on my trip. Viewing these pics have made me realize how soon I will be leaving and I am excited once again!

Wishing I had an AFT (I think that is rear) balcony. How bout wishing I had one at all (-: It's OK though, cause we used the money to book excursions at every port and planning on enjoying the spa and everything else.

Glad you had a wonderful time.

Archived