limited mobility in Ocho Rios

Going with a group of 12, ages 5-52. My 27 yr old son walks with crutches and I'm trying to find an excursion we can all enjoy. I think the Falls are probably out, but maybe the tubing? If they can get him in the innertube, where would we keep his crutches while he's on the river? Same question for the rafting - where do we keep his stuff?

Any other ideas?

We were in Ocho Rios for a lovely day but had the same problem. May I suggest a cab to Margarettaville. Our daughter was in a w/c and could enjoy the pool and beach. She walks short distance.

Check with a large hotel, some of them have day passes that a worth the full service charge...food, pool, beach and drinks.

Check with A-Z planners, we took a nice w/c tour of a garden area. They where very helpful in planning our tour. We will use them again in Nov.

The rest of my family did the tubing. From what they told me the guides are very helpful. Maybe one could ride along with your son and help him stay away from the rocks. Becareful of the Rafting, one lady I talked to raft turned over and she got all cut up and bump and brused.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived