Russian Independent Visas

We just received our Russian Tourist Visa's from the Russian Consulate (we are doing St. Petersburg on our own) and I have a couple of questions.

Our Visa's say they are 'single entry'. Is this OK as we will be staying on the ship overnight and will not be leaving Russia.

Also, they spelled by husband's name wrong (missed an 'F' in the middle of his name). Do you think this will be a problem?

All other information looks good.

Many Thanks for any assistance anyone could provide.

Spuds - your single entry is all that you need. It has to do with your entry into Russia not how many nights you will be staying. I don't think you will have any problems with the Visa. If you have the original copies that you sent in you might take them along. Aren't the Visa's pretty? We had so much fun last September when we went to St. Petersburg. I think we were the only ones on our ship that had Visa's. If you have any questions just ask.

Hello Saylor Girl,

Thanks so much for replying... I have been reading a lot of your posts as they are very informative. Actually, your posts are what inspired me to try this on our own. I was 'stupid' and did not keep original copies of our application (duh!)... I have to admit we are using Denrus on the 1st day for a Private Custom Tour and I e-mailed them and they said it was no worries for the mis-spelled first name (phew!). We are doing the evening and 2nd day on our own.

I was wondering how you made your way back to the ship. We plan on taking of advantage of the long nights and staying in St Pete's for the evening... possibly taking in a show and dinner... did you stay later in the evening? How did you make it back to the ship? I would like to know how you made it back to the ship during the days also... did you use taxis?

Once again THANKS! I appreciate any information you could give me.

Spuds - We never used a taxi, even though they are everywhere. When we left the ship we would get on the "port bus for the crew" it was free and it takes you up to the front gate. At the gate you have to go through security again. The bus runs 24 hours a day about 15 - 20 minutes apart, it is usually yellow but a couple of times we saw a white one. Once at the gate we walked about 2 - 3 blocks and on the right had side there is a bus stop, we just waited for the bus and it took us all the way into Nevsky Prospekt. It cost .30 rubbles! You pay on the bus directly. We walked alot, St. Petersburg is very walkable, but we did use the metro on several occassions. We also went out to Peterhoff via metro and the electric train. When we went back to the ship we just went to the same bus stop and took the bus back to the port. If it is very late you can just take a taxi and it will take you to the port entrance and then wait for the crew bus. It really is very easy to get around.

Thanks again SaylorGirl,

A couple of more questions.

I believe I read in another post you took bus 22 to Nevsky Project... how long did it take you to get there?

Also, when you say you did the reverse on the way back - do you stand at the same stop and take the same bus (in the same direction) does it do a loop? Or, do you stand at another bus stop?

I will definetly post when we get back and let you know how it all went.

Take Care,

I did e-mail the Russian Consulate a week ago and as of today have not received a reply.

It is his first name that is spelled incorrectly - so hopefully that will be OK.

Thanks for your response.

Perfect, Thanks Again!

I see our friend Stan is posting on the Tripadvisor site now - so I have been reading up on a few things there also!

Take Care,

I'm glad to know that, he is the most incredible sourse of information on St. Petersburg. I have really missed reading his posts.

Archived