The Last Palace Restaurant

• 1 month later...

Kay and Jim----

We just returned last night from the Baltic cruise. We did the boat ride and dinner at Last Palace. We had rain on the boat ride, and I got seasick prior to dinner, so unfortunately, I can't tell you how the food was. The restaurant is not airconditioned, which made me feel even sicker.(I spent most of the evening in the ladies room downstairs.) They did serve vodka, wine, appetizers and bread at first. I tasted one of the appetizers(unsure what it was, one was caviar, one salmon) and a bite of bread(slice, not very fresh) Then, they brought around the main course(again, unsure what it was, I didn't eat any, but mom and DH said it was"ok") Then, they had desert. We enjoyed the sights from the boat ride, and took lots of photos. There was a limited shopping area in the restaurant foyer.

We arrived back to the ship about an hour later than stated.

Earlier that same afternoon, we did the Local Life and Metro tour. The vendors in the market do take US dollars. We were told that one cruiser was pickpocketed that morning on a tour. He was purchasing postcards, and a man grabbed his wrists, and two other men took his things from his pockets. Be very cautious in St. Petersburg. That was our least favorite port, and thought it would be our best. All in all the cruise was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Kay --

Welcome home! So sorry you got sick in St. Petersburg, hope you got over it quickly.

Thanks for your review of the Last Palace...based on your review, we are going to try to book the White Nights excursion for our night in St. Petersburg. We really don't like the fact the restaurant was not air conditioned; however, we do understand that things in the rest of the world aren't like home.

Kay & Jim

Archived