New Cruise Safety Manual

Who do u think is responsible for your safety on a cruise  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who do u think is responsible for your safety on a cruise

• You
    • the Cruise Line
    • Other Passengers
    • A government agency

Hi all...I am new to the board, but hope one of you can answer my question...I am a veteran cruise -- taken about 18 now and have another planned....With all the recent "disappearances" going on, I have wondering more about my safety. Is it true there is a new book out or soon to come out called Cruise Control by Ron somebody? I'm hoping someone can answer my question. Thanks new friends! :D

Thanks to all who sent me links to Amazon. I received the book earlier this week and was so pleased with the easy read, the plethora of info and the resources that the author included, that I want to recommend it to anyone who has taken a cruise, never taken a cruise, is afraid to cruise or just wants to be "well read" on the topic of how to have a ball and still be safe. It made me wonder WHY a book like this had not been written by the cruise lines themselves. I was prepared NOT to like this book because I thought it would be a "scare fest" or anti cruise...but it's not! As I said on my Amazon review, I will be taking it with me on my next cruise -- along with my sun tan lotion and iPod! Cheers! :D

That would be me OR if I elect to get poo faced the person dopey enough to designate themselves as my baby sitter, but I'm really too old to want to get so drunk I would do something dorky. The thought of having so much to drink I would lose control or vomit is no longer appealing. What the heck was I thinking when I was 21?

truthfully I would never want to be so out of it that I had to make someone else responsible for me.

I have only taken one cruise before the one I am taking in three weeks :D and I didnt need more than one cruise to realize that the problem is the irresponsible passengers that drink until they puke. At one point I thought the cruise personnel should stop selling booze to those they felt had had enough but they sell booze to make money so why should they care :rolleyes: . The only problem I see with this and this is something we all saw happen a few months or weeks ago, is that imagine one of these drunk passengers go in their room, light a cigarette and fall asleep? :eek: Yup... we're all going to pay for that one, some with their lives. So, in a way the staff needs to take matters into their own hands but we are responsible for our well being.:cool:

I voted "you", because I'm assuming you are writing about your own personal safety.

But, I don't think I need a manual to figure out common sense. Don't climb on the railing, don't get so stinking drunk that you will do anything that ultimately will lead to injury or death. Don't walk around the ship alone, especially at night. Know where your children are and if they're not with you, they should be in the kids club, not wandering the ship.

My own personal recommendations would be, don't wear spike heels, or any high heel on wet decks, or gowns that drag on the floor. At the very least, pick them up at the hem if you must wear them.

Put anything breakable in a safe place in your cabin, if the sea gets a bit rough, you don't want any glass flying around. Unplug appliances when you don't need them plugged in.

Get your shoes off the floor of your cabin, too easy to trip over in a small, unfamiliar place.

Take a small first aid kit with you, just in case you do have a small injury onboard.

Don't assume anyone is "a nice guy" and go anywhere alone with them, whether it is a passenger or crew member. We read every day where crime has happened and people didn't think it could happen to them, or they are astonished when the culprit is caught and it someone everyone assumed was an upstanding citizen.

While I do believe a ship is a relatively safe place to vacation, you never want to let your guard down, especially with your kids. I don't travel as a paranoid, but with ground rules we set years ago, it just comes naturally to us now.

Hi all...I am new to the board, but hope one of you can answer my question...I am a veteran cruise -- taken about 18 now and have another planned....With all the recent "disappearances" going on, I have wondering more about my safety. Is it true there is a new book out or soon to come out called Cruise Control by Ron somebody? I'm hoping someone can answer my question. Thanks new friends! :D

Do not understand. :confused: Have you been worried about your safety on the previous 18 cruises....:confused: If not, why now just because some crazy people do stupid things. Each recent episode did not involve what I would consider normal cruisers.

I guess if one has horrible agruments with their spouse, gets stumble down drunk and pukes over the side, or performs stupid acts like climbing over balconeys, then I guess they should worry.

Archived