I don't get the big deal about aft balconies!?!?!?

It looks like most of you have only Voyager class aft to compare too. Vision class aft is the way to go!!! No strange bars or wierd overhangs just pure view and large,large balcony space.

We love it! The aft balcony has us spoiled and I would even turn down a suite (not a royal;) )to have our aft. Now granted we always get the corner so it's much larger than the middle aft balconies so we are reallt spoiled!

Rhapsody here we come!

You don't always have to book way in advance. Sometimes luck just takes over. I booked a balcony guarantee less than a month before sailing on Grandeur last December and was put in an aft JS. I was afraid to believe it was true until we boarded, but indeed we were in that great cabin.:p I checked out a regular JS as we were leaving on departure day, and I couldn't believe the difference in the balconies. I loved having the lounge chairs, and the sweeping view of the ocean was wonderful. It would have been nice to have stairs or an evelator closer because I did have to do a lot of walking, but that is the only drawback I could see.

Hey cruiseman, I was wondering what cabin you had going through the canal, we have 9260 for next March and we are planning to do the same thing, going forward as we pull into the lock and then we are heading to the back, get room service breakfast and watch the locks close behind us on our beatiful balcony.

Sue L...we were on deck 10, cabin 1604 and really liked it. I know you'll enjoy the canal and the cruise from your balcony also. Great cabin, superb ship and awesome itinerary...that's about as good as it gets!

for posting that photo. Major reason why we booked an aft balcony for our upcoming Alaskan cruise. Have always booked insides before but as cruise ships get larger and smaller ships go in for stretching, etc. there seems to be fewer spots on deck to just sit and enjoy the wake of the ship.

It truly is a tranquil experience, a major reason why we enjoy sea vacations over land vacations.

When we're traveling by land we want to see the land and when we're traveling by sea we want to see the sea at it's true glory. To us that glory is to view the wake below us and the sun or the the stars above us.:)

Dianne

How can you resist a view like this. Here is 9390 aft

http://community.webshots.com/photo/355212692/1355215721055224226weAoRT

What great pictures! I loved the sunrise and sunsets. Do you know if all corner Afts on Voyager of the seas are the same size on all of the decks? We are going to be in 1688 deck 10.

Voyager 12/16/06 Western Caribbean

Voyager 11/26/05 Eastern Caribbean

S.S. Azure Seas 11/90

Hi,

We were on the Star Princess in January and had a stern cabin. Yes, it was a very nice option to sit and enjoy the wake.(Who would have thought?) Also we left our door open most nights and the sound of the water and wake was very soothing. As to motion, well it is more pronounced and we were running from a storm so on the Wednseday it was very rough during the night. We took a Gravol and slept through it all.

I would take a stern cabin again in a heartbeat.

Do you know if all corner Afts on Voyager of the seas are the same size on all of the decks? We are going to be in 1688 deck 10.

Voyager 12/16/06 Western Caribbean

Voyager 11/26/05 Eastern Caribbean

S.S. Azure Seas 11/90

1688 and 1388 on Deck 10 have the second largest balconies of the corner afts.

Voyager Class Corner Aft Balcony size -- largest first:

Deck 7 -- 7388 and 7688

Deck 10 -- 1388 and 1688

Deck 8 -- 8390 and 8690

Deck 9 -- 9390 and 9690.

The smallest of these balconies -- 9390 and 9690 -- are still larger than any port or starboard regular balconies, and will accommodate 2 chairs, a small table, and 2 loungers.

(Note that the end cabins on Deck 6 -- 6388 and 6688 -- are not included in this list because they're not really corner afts. Their balconies don't go to the sides of the ship.)

We'll be on the Mariner in 2 weeks (from today!), and if we decide to book while on board for summer 2007, do you think all the good aft and hump cabins will already be booked on the Voyager class ships? We're interested in doing a Western route next; either out of Miami or Port Canavaral.

We've booked two hump cabins on Mariner for July 2007. We out on the edge - 8618 and 8620. We didn't want to wait until next our cruise to book, but our cruise is not until this July. So the onboard credit later versus the $99 credit for booking now made it sensible to book now and get the cabins we wanted.

I think it's a murphy's law kind of thing - if you book now, you won't have needed to, but if you wait the cabins you want will be gone. At least that's the way things usually work out for me!

RRS from SF gave information on aft cabins on Voyager ships, does anyone have information on Freedom corner aft deck 10 room 1700? I think it will probally be the same as Voyager ships, but would like to know if and when anyone has been in this room if they would let me know. We booked this room for June 2007, Thanks to anyone with information, KMBB

We just gave up our corner aft cabin on the freedom for the 8/13 sailing. We had 1700. We had to re-book for Aug., 2007 instead. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the cabin.

1688 and 1388 on Deck 10 have the second largest balconies of the corner afts.

Voyager Class Corner Aft Balcony size -- largest first:

Deck 7 -- 7388 and 7688

Deck 10 -- 1388 and 1688

Deck 8 -- 8390 and 8690

Deck 9 -- 9390 and 9690.

The smallest of these balconies -- 9390 and 9690 -- are still larger than any port or starboard regular balconies, and will accommodate 2 chairs, a small table, and 2 loungers.

(Note that the end cabins on Deck 6 -- 6388 and 6688 -- are not included in this list because they're not really corner afts. Their balconies don't go to the sides of the ship.)

That is good news thanks for the info;)

Love reading this thread! I am getting so excited. Still a ways to go, but we have booked cabin 8588 on Vision and our kids will be across the hall (inside cabin). Anyone out there have comments on this cabin?? Our first time in an aft cabin.

Archived