Early evening fun?

mrrick747

We are arriving in San Juan at 430 on a Monday and scheduled to leave port that night, half past midnite. We're not really a party couple but need "something" to do?? Time is short and night approaches fast, any thoughts on what to do?

thanks, Rick

• 1 month later...

For Happy Hour or just for a few hours, I'd just walk on over to OSJ and find a great place to try some authentic food for the region and take in some drinks. Actually, the ship will give a talk that even tells you places that will offer you free drinks for going into their stores/restaurants. I just don't know what the names are...

I understand that there is a Carlos and Charlies right behind the Wyndham and that's always a fun spot no matter what the time of day in any city I've been.

The restaurant behind the Wyndham is Senor Frogs, which can be a fun place. Also, right in that area are horse and carriage rides. They are priced according to how long and where you go. That might be a fun way to see OSJ. Have a great time. We loved OSJ.

The restaurant behind the Wyndham is Senor Frogs, which can be a fun place. Also, right in that area are horse and carriage rides. They are priced according to how long and where you go. That might be a fun way to see OSJ. Have a great time. We loved OSJ.

Thanks Coolmama for correcting the Senior Frogs mess up! I think I knew that, but have C&C on my mind. We'll probably be going there after dinner on embarkation night.

I just got back from an Eastern Caribbean cruise and we did horseback riding through the rain forrest at night. The excursion was a bit expensive for the actual amount of time we spent on the horses (maybe a little over an hour?) at $89 per person. In the advertisement for the trip, it said that it was "4.5 hours" long, but they failed to mention that it would take 1 & 1/2-2 hours just to get to the ranch by bus, and of course, another hour back. I found this to be very misleading. But still, we had an awesome time and I would highly recommend it, just realize that it really isn't 4.5 hours of "activity". The excursion was from 5pm-about 10pm.

• 4 months later...

Archived