Ocho Rios Canopy tour

PJDUCF

DH and I did the Original Canopy Tour in Ocho Rios this past January and we both loved it. The tour started at 9:30, we left our room on the ship at 9:00 to go to the meeting point (the ship was docked so we could walk off, no tendering). They take you to the farm, Chukka Cove, for a quick bathroom visit before the 20-25 minute drive up the winding road to start zip-lining. It takes a little while to get everyone fitted with their gear. We had 34 in our group and I felt that was too many. 20-25 would have been better. Then we had about a 20-minute walk to the first platform. After zipping it was another short walk out of the jungle then they take you back to the farm so you can buy pictures, go to the gift shop, etc. Then they take you back to where the tour started.

We had plenty of time to shop and had a great late lunch at Margaritaville before getting back on the ship.

I think there is a tour in the afternoon as well, but I would recommend the morning one when it's cooler, then you'll have time afterward to do other things.

The tour is only available through the cruise lines, you can't book on your own.

Archived