review of Belize best By Boat booked through shoretrips.com

dyin2cruz

We took Belize Best by Boat(snorkel barrier reef and Shark ray alley) booked through shoretrips.com as part of our 5 day Enchantment of the Seas cruise. We were there on May 25th. Absolutely the highlight of the trip. Professional crew, educated us all about Belize on the 35 minute boat ride out, good instructions for snorkeling, very good attention to safety (very concerned about protecting the reef and the passengers). At the barrier reef we saw: nurse shark, manatee, spotted rays, devil rays, grouper, blue tang fish(Dory), all kinds of other colorful fish and we got to hold a sea urchin. We then left and went to Shark Ray Alley. We got to feed the sharks and rays; we saw a green eel, barracuda, and fed lots of fish too. So very cool for all for us. This trip was much more than cruise ship offered. We then went Caye Caulker and had lunch. On the way back to the pier a dolphin started to swim next to us and they slowed to show us and let us take pics. This company was Ecological Tours, I think they are in the process of changing the name to Wet’n Wild. Guides were Herbert, Carlos and Jermaine.

Thanks for the review. How was the water entry from the boat for snorkeling? I have quite bad knees, love to snorkel and need as EASY water entry as possible. The last time we were in Belize, we did snorkeling through the cruiseship and although the water entry was easy, nothing else about the excursion was very good - so next time I would love to go with a private company. Do they have a website?

Basically we just sat on the edge of the boat, turned toward water and slid in. Getting back in you had to use a swim ladder. The website is www.ecotoursbelize.com, then click on tours and its the first one. "Shark Ray Alley and Caye Caulker". We actually saw a ray exactly like the picture on that page!

Hi, i have 2 questions,

Are you actually in the water close with the sharks or do the guide keep you away?

Does everyone on the excursion wear the brightly colored life vests while in the water?

thanks, i am in the process of finding an excursion in Belize and the answers to these questions may help me make my mind up.

You are in the water with the sharks, but they are nurse sharks and are harmless. We all wore life jackets of the standard over your shoulder orange variety, but we wrapped them around our waist. I was never scared. They put one guide in front, one in middle, and one in back. One guide had a life ring on a rope that children or anyone scared could hold on to in order to stay right with the guide. Hopes this helps.

Archived