Voyager PC Question

Trying to decide how many memory cards to get for the digital camera for a Baltic cruise. I read that someone suggested downloading the pix daily. Since we don't want to bring a laptop, can anyone tell me if the pc's on the Voyager can write to a cd? What about a cyber cafe?

Thanks.

As to the number of pictures. My first cruise to the Baltic, I took about 200, the second cruise, about 125. This might give you an idea of how many memory cards. Most of the pics were taken in St. Petersburg and Helsinki. Have a great time. I am going back once again, this time on the Navigator

If you are using hte average point and shoot digital camera, the settings determine how big the file size is of your photos. I have an 8 megapixel point and shootand a 12 megapixel digital single lens reflex camera.

Assuming you have a consumer camera, you might have shots that are two or three megapixels each. In that size range, if you buy a Secure Digital Card, Memory Stick or Compact Flash card (those are your "film"), a 1 Gigabite or 1 GB card will hold about 300 photos. I would never use only one incase it were damaged or lost. The photos (and bills!) are what are left after the cruise. So if you were going to shoot a roll per day of film (36 for most film cameras) you could do 10 rolls or 360 photos.

I would buy 4 or 5 512K cards/flash and alternate them - each one would hold safely 150 photos. (I shot 1500+ photos on a 14 day trip to Italy in November and I am leaving for a cruise with 10 1-GB cards for my camera and that may not be enough! It's all dependent on how you use your camera!

Archived