Pinnacle Grille "Bring the Steak Cart Around"

sail7seas

Of course not. But if you are going to eat you have to order first, so it might help some to decide if one 'sees' the various cuts of beef available in the PG and also the rack of lamb first. How big is the porterhouse going to be, do the rib eyes look like they have a lot of fat, are the lamb chops tiny, which size of filet might I prefer? There are 'steaks' and there are 'steaks'. Seeing one does not mean you've seen them all.

That would make sense if you could "pick your steak" (there used to be a place in Austin, called "U R Cooks" where you could do that) but the reality is that the fat/lean marbling, etc. varies widely from the ones on the cart to the ones that show up on your plate. Now, if they wanted to set up a small display as you enter to help those who needed a visual presentation - no problem. But the steak cart itself I put right up there with the dancing vegetables... :eek:

LoL Stevesan, good stuff shipmate. Reminds me of this steak place they had in Norfolk VA years back. Used to go in, pick the cut out of the locker, it was brought to your table, you took it and your beer up to the open grill pit and cooked it yourself! Talk about ala-Steak Cart! :D It was a novelty once forget the second time.

Maybe you can convince him to drive a stake through your steak:D

LOL! On the Oosterdam (5/6 to Alaska), my cousin and I were treated to the tale of Vlad the Impaler, the historical Dracula :eek: , immediately after the steak presentation by Christian, our wonderful Romanian server. A quirky highlight of our first dinner at the Pinnacle Grill. We skipped the raw steak plate the next 2 times we were there....

Jane

My husband and I had to try and keep a straight face during the waiters "meat lesson", he is a retired meatcutter (40 yrs) and I have been a meatwrapper for over 20 years. We actually thought they did a good job of explaining. I was a little surprised they actually had the prime, aged cuts on display, most people don't want to know that the best cuts of beef are very fatty and dark from aging, they want to see the lean, red cuts. We had one of the best steaks we have ever had in a restaraunt, and that's saying a lot for us.

Archived