Ine - Amsterdam Question

You picked a very good spot...very central ..close to flowermarket, shops in Kalverstraat, public transport etc.

Walking distance (less then 10 minutes) is Rembrandtsplein with many eateries, outside terraces to have a drink/bite and watch the people walk by.

If you like (to try) indonesian food go to Indrapura on Rembrandtsplein and have a rijsttafel. As said any choice of restaurant is possible, you will be surprised.

I know people that stayed in the Bank Mansion a few times and loved it.

Much info about Amsterdam can be found on:

http://www.vvvamsterdam.nl/ and: http://www.simplyamsterdam.nl/sights.htm

Ine is the best! We stayed at the Banks Mansion last month for a pre-cruise --- our second time at that hotel. We were with a group of 3 other couples and Ine suggested the Indrapura for dinner and we were so fortunate that she could join us!

We all loved the Indrapura-just excellent and Ine helped us a lot with the dinner menu---we would return to the Indrapura for dinner again if we return to Amsterdam.

As Ine said, there are a lot of restaurants to choose from on the Rembrantplein and a big plus is getting to see the Rembrandt's statue and his "Night Watch" in life sized statuary right there in front of his statue. It is tastefully illuminated at night time. Hope you all have a great time in Amsterdam.

Thanks for the complements Bill. I really enjoyed having dinner with you and your friends in Indrapura. It was a great evening with a lovely meal.

Actually it was you I ment with the people that stayed in Bank Mansion and who loved to be in that hotel.

Archived