Suggestion for post-cruise trips in Copenhagen

ucipass1

I will be finishing my 10 day cruise in Copenhagen and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some advice touring Copenhagen on the same day.

My flight will leave after 8PM and I will have a realtively long day to see the city. The problem is that I am not sure how to handle all the luggage after disembarkation!?

Should I go to the airport first and try to find a luggage safe?

What is the best itinerary from let's say 9:00AM-6:00PM?

Any advice is greatly appreacited...

AA

Upcoming Cruise: Baltic seas on Amsterdam June/22/2006

ucipass1,

I would ask this on the Europe board as well though I have been to Copenhagen three times so I may be able to help. I would get rid of the luggage when you disembark. I would take a taxi or train to the airport and either see if you can check it in straight away or take a locker.

Then I would return to the city and start walking. It is an easy city to get around and there is quite a bit to see. There is the Palace and the changing of the guard at 12 noon each day. The little mermaid, the Cathedral and then the Castle which you can see over. There is also Nyhaven which is great to sit and just watch people and eat at one of the restaurants. There is boat tours on the canals and there is the wonderful stroget or walking street with all the shops which leads down to the Tivoli and the Station.

You will be easily able to fill in a day. It is a very safe city and the Danes are very friendly.

Jennie

Archived