Bermuda - Zenith or Crown

travelstamp

We hope to take a Bermuda cruise in October. However, I am having trouble deciding between Celebrity Zenith and NCL Crown. The Crown features an additio nal port of Kings Wharf. In the past we have been more impressed with Celebrity than NCL (just the food that is). Any suggestions? :confused:

Everyone has their own opinions but i wouldn't sail NCL over celebrity. The food, the service the general atmosphere is just different- and in my humble opinion way better on Celebrity. It is very easy to get to Kings Wharf from Hamilton. The ferry dock is a short (my mom uses a walker and she did it with no problem) walk from the ship.The ferry goes either directly to Kings Wharf- accross the beautiful bay in about 30 minutes or does a scenic route stopping several places which takes about an hour. Either way it is fast, easy and efficient and the trip itself is very interesting. You'll get to see some of the beautiful houses and different areas of Bermuda.

Based on itinerary, I would choose Zenith. I've been twice on Zenith and prefer the 2 days each in St. George and Hamilton that Zenith does, to 1 day in each city, plus 1 1/2 days at Kings Wharf that NCL does.

I haven't been on NCL, so can't comment on how the Crown compares to Zenith. The other considerations are whether it's better for you to go Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun and which port, NYC or Bayonne, is easier for you to sail from.

Whichever way you choose, Bermuda is a wonderful destination!

My husband and I will be sailing on the Zenith in Sept to Bermuda. We too had to think about which ship would be better. We are frequent cruisers of Royal Caribbean. We liked the fact that the Zenith left out of Bayonne. We like the itininery better on Zenith. I also think Celebrity is known for a little better service and food. The price on the Zenith was a little more. Good luck with your decision. I am sure you will probably be happy on either!

We hope to take a Bermuda cruise in October. However, I am having trouble deciding between Celebrity Zenith and NCL Crown. The Crown features an additio nal port of Kings Wharf. In the past we have been more impressed with Celebrity than NCL (just the food that is). Any suggestions? :confused:

I've sailed the Zenith, to Bermuda, 3 times. They, by far, have the best itinerary to Bermuda. Being docked 2 days in each St George & Hamilton makes access to all parts of Bermuda EASY. I've never sailed NCI,But heard mostly negative reviews about the line, compared to Celebrity. Food & service not being up to par. Now the problem is that the Zenith was built in 1992,making it 14 years old. Our last cruise, on the Zenith, was in 2003. Quite frankly, she was showing her age even then. I don't understand why Celebrity does not build a new ship that can fit into Town cut(St George) & Hamilton. This year we opted to go on the Crown Princess. This is a NEW ship(June 14, 1st sailing) with balconies. Once you've had a balcony it's hard to go back to an oceanview. The only down side to the Crown Princess is that although it goes to 4 places, it only stays about 8 hours at each. If this is your 1st trip to Bermuda go on the Zenith. Overlook her age & enjoy!! If you've been to Bermuda before, I would look as I did, into a newer ship!!

My husband and I will be sailing on the Zenith in Sept to Bermuda. We too had to think about which ship would be better. We are frequent cruisers of Royal Caribbean. We liked the fact that the Zenith left out of Bayonne. We like the itininery better on Zenith. I also think Celebrity is known for a little better service and food. The price on the Zenith was a little more. Good luck with your decision. I am sure you will probably be happy on either!

My husband and I are frequest NCL cruisers who are going on the Crown in August. Freestyle cruising appeals to us. In any event, I'm simply looking forward to relaxing on the deck with a book from my local library. Have a good time on your cruise.

Archived