Live from the Dawn Princess

Babyblue

Well we are on our way into Juneau our 1st stop.

It is cool with a little rain but that doesn't dampen our spirits.

We had a M&M that was set up by Princess and they did a wonderful job.

Got to meet lots of our fellow cc members(so glad to meet them after a year in the wait).

We have all picked the same tour in Skagway( White Pass RR).

Have seen some dolphin so far this early a.m.(clocks went back an hour last night).

Hoping to see other wildlife.

We have the best cabin steward (Marisell). She is awsome and has taken care of so well so far.

The staff are great. Friendly and courteous.

Paul in the Pizzaria is awsome!!!

Alfredo in the wheelhouse/Jammers is great as well.

This trip is going great and we have not yet arived in our first port.

So looking forward to our stops.

Well I will check back later as I have to go and see what the rest of our group is up to.

Having a great time thanks to Princess and this beautiful ship the Dawn

Karen, Madona and Kathy

We are on this ship July 8th. Please keep your comments coming. Glad you are enjoying.

I will check back as often as possible and plan to write a review upon our return.Don't think you will be disapointed at all.Great ship MargordKaren

Hi

We are on this ship in August with a group of 30. What are the inside cabins like, do you know?

Also, does the ship go around Vancouver Island with no view of land or between it and British Columbia so land is visible? People are asking how long before they are in inside passage and seeing land all the way?

Are the furnishings worn or in good condition?

Thank you, I can't wait to sail again!

Did Princess charge to arrange your M&M for CC or was it complimentary. I hope that they have finally realized what a great service that would be to the CC members. thanks for posting while onboard

Hi

We are on this ship in August with a group of 30. What are the inside cabins like, do you know?

Also, does the ship go around Vancouver Island with no view of land or between it and British Columbia so land is visible? People are asking how long before they are in inside passage and seeing land all the way?

1st we have a mini- suite so cant post about the insides on this particular ship but sure they will be fine if you plan on being out on deck which you should be for an Alaskan trip.we have not yet sailed into BC/Victoria yet but will post once we do.The furnishings seem to be in fine condition, have not seen any signs of wear and tear.Will let you know about BC afterwe sail that way.Now on to the other questions

Did Princess charge to arrange your M&M for CC or was it complimentary. I hope that they have finally realized what a great service that would be to the CC members. thanks for posting while onboard

They have been very accomodating and friendly.I just faxed Princess about arranging it and gave them an e-mail and they e-mailed me back. We set it up after choosing a time and place that worked and the area( we chose the Wheelhouse bar) was waiting for us.The bartender was very helpful in getting everyone drinks while we chatted.This M&M has been very good as well have met each other all over the ship and even did the white rail pass railroad trip together which I must sat was AWSOME!!!~~~I took about 150 pics of the trip alone.I will post more about this trip later

Thanks so much for your updates. My husband and I will be first time cruises on the Dawn next week, so your info is greatly appreciated. Have a lovely trip and keep us posted.

crazy_kooter

I don't think you will be disapointed!!Best trip I have taken so far out of my 19 or so trips.More LaterKaren

Hi

My wife and I were on the Dawn Mar.10-20, 06 and had an inside room (B426). Let me start by saying that we just returned from the HAL Zuiderdam SS suite. Both cabins are wonderful. About the inside. A little tip is to have the beds seperated. This makes the room a little bigger (it seems). We started out with them together and 3 days into the 10 sailing, we had our room steward change and it made a huge difference. Plus its great cuddling up on a twin (wink wink). There is plenty of storage in your cabin. We had a lot of stuff and had room for everything. Even my own bar setup. If there are any specifics you want to know.....fire away. After sailing on Carnival, Sitmar, NCL,HAL, Azure Seas, and Princess, the Dawn is my favorite ship so far. In fact we hope to be on the Dec. 1 sailing if all goes well........(fingers crossed)....:D

They have been very accomodating and friendly.I just faxed Princess about arranging it and gave them an e-mail and they e-mailed me back. We set it up after choosing a time and place that worked and the area( we chose the Wheelhouse bar) was waiting for us.The bartender was very helpful in getting everyone drinks while we chatted.This M&M has been very good as well have met each other all over the ship and even did the white rail pass railroad trip together which I must sat was AWSOME!!!~~~I took about 150 pics of the trip alone.I will post more about this trip later

Thank you so much for posting information about your trip. Very helpful. Which of the White Pass trips did you take? We are looking at the 3 hour one where you don't get off the train.

Have a wonderful time this week. Look forward to your updates.

Thank you so much for posting information about your trip. Very helpful. Which of the White Pass trips did you take? We are looking at the 3 hour one where you don't get off the train.

Have a wonderful time this week. Look forward to your updates.

we did not get off the train. It just goes around and heads back down.

We are currently in Ketchikan and it is drizzling.It gets a lot of rain here all year so bring a raincoat or a rain poncho.

It is not a heavy rain but a drizzle.

Only here in port a short while.

We located a drug store that had hot chocolate for Madon as it is $ 1.50 a cup on the ship and she likes her hot chocolate. we thought it was free onboard as it is on some other ships( may have been another line and not Princess).

They have great souvenire shops here as well.

They have a shop called Ketchikandies that has homemade candies and the hot item is chocolate dipped oreos. White and dark chocolate.

Lots of photo ops with stuffed animals( some outside the shops some inside).

Had the ventriloquist onboard (Willie Tyler and Lester) and the show was a blast.Madona was picked to get in part of the show and we laughed so hard we almost... you know what.LOL.

On th vicoria next and to Seattle on Saturday.

The time has flown by we have had such a great time.

Again a more detailed review upon return.

good walking shoes and a light rain poncho is a must here.(the shoes for all the ports as there is lots to see and walk around)

Karen

Hi

We have just arrived back home from our Rockies Land Tour and Alaska cruise on Dawn Princess. We were part of the Roll Call with Babyblue (Karen) who has been posting live from the Dawn during the last week.

Regarding the inside cabins - we were in an inside cabin (C319) on Caribe Deck and could not fault it. As mentioned elsewhere on this posting we also had the queen bed split into two and it really did give us a lot more room in the cabin. There was plenty of drawer and hanging space, the shower was larger than on some other ships we have been on.

I hope to get a review done of our trip but just now we are shattered after travelling from Seattle to Heathrow - a long flight and the time difference is beginning to tell on us. Please give me a few days and I will compile a report which I hope will give you an insight into what has been a mind-blowing experience for us - any of you that plan a similar trip will not be disappointed.

Regards from Suron in Bristol, England.

We have just arrived back home from our Rockies Land Tour and Alaska cruise on Dawn Princess. We were part of the Roll Call with Babyblue (Karen) who has been posting live from the Dawn during the last week.

Regarding the inside cabins - we were in an inside cabin (C319) on Caribe Deck and could not fault it. As mentioned elsewhere on this posting we also had the queen bed split into two and it really did give us a lot more room in the cabin. There was plenty of drawer and hanging space, the shower was larger than on some other ships we have been on.

I hope to get a review done of our trip but just now we are shattered after travelling from Seattle to Heathrow - a long flight and the time difference is beginning to tell on us. Please give me a few days and I will compile a report which I hope will give you an insight into what has been a mind-blowing experience for us - any of you that plan a similar trip will not be disappointed.

Regards from Suron in Bristol, England.

Hello Suzanne and Ron

Just wanted to say what a blast we had with you and the others.

Glad you are home safe and sound.

I took a voluntary bump in Dallas since the flight was too heavy... all those souvenires.

Arrived home this a.m.

I will post a full review later as well.

Hugs

Karen

Suron,

Welcome home. Can't wait to hear all the details.

Karen,

What number did you send the FAX to in order to set up the meet and mingle with the cruise critics. We are trying to do this on an October Princess cruise.

Marilee

Suron,

Karen,

What number did you send the FAX to in order to set up the meet and mingle with the cruise critics. We are trying to do this on an October Princess cruise.

Marilee

Thks for the welcome home wishes.

The # I faxed to was (661) 284-4770

List your e-mail address and they will e-mail you back.

They wanted a name for the group and who is in charge. They asked if the person in charge was going to pay for the drinks or was it each individual( of course every one paid for their own :eek: not rich you know LOL)

The lady who responded was very nice and was quick to respond once I faxed Princess.

You will need the ship you will be on the date and time for the M&M and a place.If there is no conflict with other activities it will be set, otherwise they will offer other times or places to meet.

We love our M&M it made a lot of difference.

Happy sailing

Next up the Grand in Dec.

Karen

Karen,

Thank you so much. Coincidently we are also on the Grand, but not until March 2007. You will have to let me know how you like your December trip.

Marilee

We have sailed her and her sister ship so we like the ship.

We like the winter sailings to the Caribbean so dont think we will have any problems.

My stepdaughter has about 9-11 people who want to join her for their first cruise(yea for me since I will do the referral thing with Princess), plus this will allow her to have fun with her younger friends although she says she has fun with me.

Karen

Suron,

Karen,

Marilee

Hi There Marilee

It was a wonderful trip and I am now drafting my review. I think I will post it under the Members Review section and combine the report on the Rockies Land Tour together with the Alaska cruise section. Keep looking out for the review - it will be done in time for you to read it before you go but I may e-mail you some snippets of information separately. There were a couple of hitches regarding itinerary on the Land Tour and a problem with late arrival in Victoria but it did not spoil our enjoyment.

Still trying to catch up on time change and get to grips with the washing and ironing. Have taken in my 9 rolls of film and we also have to plough through over 500 digital shots which Ron took as well as the video film. Will be making a scrap book too just to have the memories to look back on.

You will LOVE the trip and we are so glad we did both sections. Having travelled all that way it would have been silly not to have done both. Some people we talked to on the ship wished they had also done the Rockies when they heard what we had seen and done.

Will be in contact soon.

Regards from Suron

Suron,

I can't wait to hear more information. Please do E-mail as you get bits and pieces done. I eagerly await anything you can send me.

I am so happy you had a wonderful time and came home safely. I thought of you often while you were gone.

Marilee

Are you doing the cruist out of Galveston on the Grand in December? That is what we are doing in March.

Marilee

We love the ship and have sailed her sister ship twice b4 as well.

Madona loves the Skywalkers club and loves going to Carlos and Charlies in Coz.

Karen

Karen,

Have you been to Galveston before? It will be our first time there and we are looking for information on the area.

Marilee

There is a great website to use.It gives info on hotels that offer free boarding of your car and free transfers to the ship if you stay with them.

It also has a webcam where your friends who were not lucky enough to be with yo on the ship watch you sail away.

It has places to eat etc....

Check out www.Galveston.com

We have stayed at several hotels there.

The harbor House- close to where the ship comes in but a little pricy

Howard Johnsons

The commodore- not too expensive( an older property) but free car parking and shuttle

The comfort suites and a couple others (never can remember them all).

But if you check out the site it will give you a list of hotels avavilabale for your date that offer free parking and shuttle.

Hope this helps.

Karen

Archived