Just back from Arcadia

libra-sue

Hi

Just back from my first cruise, on Arcadia to the Canary Islands from Southampton, UK. Arcadia is only a year old and child free - was contempoary in style and great.:)

I have created a website, go to: WWW.SVEALE.PHOTOSITE.COM if interested, I have 87 photos for viewing. Show also going under the 25th April bridge in Lisbon (just got the funnel under by jumping at the same time:D ), A TYPICAL CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, A CHAMPAGNE BF, AND SOME OTHER FOODIES, and internal shots of ship, inc pool with roof open and closed.

Photos of Maderia and Tenerife too.

Had a fab time, even got 2 invites to pre-dinner cocktail parties - one the Captains, and the other Chief Exec Purser. My, some were jealous over that, cruisers on our table who had cruised 5 times etc and never been invited!! aND MY FIRST TIME:cool:

Got the PCB'S now (post cruise blues) - time to talk my husband into another one I think - the Med next - Rome, Florence, Barcelona, South of France, Italy!!

Sue

ex Newbie - now cruiser!!

Great photos Sue. What a great looking ship. Glad you both had a great first cruise. WHEN IS THE NEXT. Iam told once you start cruising its the only way to have a holiday. DH and I have to wait until Feb 2007 for our first. The time will go quickly as I am on the CC board all the time watching and reading all the reviews even the overseas ones. Come to australia . It is a great country.:) suexxx

Hi Sue

so glad you enjoyed your cruise - felt really bad that I had put a damper on your anticipation in January!!!! Told you you'd be hooked - welcome to the club!!!

Regards

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sue

Thank you for sharing your photos, it looked like you had a wonderful time. They brought back nice memories for me too as our first cruise was to the Canary Islands.

Loved the foodie photos, especially the mini desserts! Were they taken in the main restaurant or in Arcadian Rhodes?

You know, the ONLY way to get over the post cruise blues is to book another one! Half the fun is in the anticipation and planning.

Happy cruising!

Lisa

Hi good photos Sue.

Should have gone on Arcadia through Panama canal in Febuary but wife had a accident so had too postpone it till next Febuary cant wait it looks a lovely ship. Last cruised on the Adonia November 2004 because its so long booed on the Sea Princess (same ship) on July 15 7days Scandinavia but cant wait too go on Arcadia.

All the best.

Paddy

Glad you liked the photos. The mini desserts were from the main resturant -Meridian. The food was very good.

Yes, a week after getting home, got the PCB's (post cruise blues) AND HAVE BOOKED CRUISE NUMBER 2/ going to The med -Rome, Florance-Pisa,Barcelona,Cannes etc. A year from now June 22nd. So this time next year we will be there! and on Arcadia again.

Sue:cool:

Archived