Canon Rebel XT battery Question

I've looked in my owner's manual and can't seem to find the answer.

To recharge our battery and we need to use the battery charger. What time of converter to we use becuase I can't find the Watts information.

Do we use a 1600W converter (sounds too strong-says not to use for comoputers, stereos, etc) or the lower watt converter.

Does it need a Watt converter? The battery charger says input: 100V-240V or do we just use the plug adapter and plug that right in?

Thanks for your help!

Does it need a Watt converter? The battery charger says input: 100V-240V or do we just use the plug adapter and plug that right in?!
I don't think you need any kind of converter if you plug the charger into a standard US style wall outlet.

What does the battery charger look like? Does it look different that other standard US charger things?

Boy, do I get a big duh! for this one. I just can't imagine why you don't know we are going to Europe this summer!:o Good grief, you think I could have added that important detail! I've been posting on the Europe boards too much.

I'm wondering if we need a converter for our charger this summer?

If your charger is 100-240v, like most for digital cameras, you just need an adapter plug. Here's more than you want to know. Read the "what about your computer" section.

Also, you mentioned having a converter. The wattage on these types of things is the maximum they handle. For example, 1600 watts means it's okay from 0 to 1600 watts. So you could power a 100 watt bulb just fine, but a 2000 watt hair dryer would be a bit much. Also, be careful, some of these converter are not recommended for battery chargers (not that you need it the Canon).

Archived