Scam Or Not????

jbmanuel

:( I think I know the answer ....but I was wondering if anyone else had anything else like this come to them in the mail...I would not even look at it but it had carnivals Logo on it..

100_3238.JPG.5c2d791518429e403f90f58fe74f4789.JPG

100_3239.JPG.f914337e5e2125fe8586a0cb678a0ac5.JPG

100_3242.JPG.a24e1ac3488879da35e10f5badc6961b.JPG

100_3244.JPG.9f4a078bfd02d118b86fcdda7ea9232a.JPG

I have received those as well. Toss it unless you are interested in paying full list price for a vacation on a crappy old "cruise ship". It's not a scam in the true sense, but very shady none the less. It's to get you to buy into some resort thing. If I remeber correctly, it tells you that you can end up on either cruise( guess what--it won't be Carnival!). Look at the website for that Imperial cruise line. It's a floating dump. A case of buyer beware.:eek:

Missyal

:( I think I know the answer ....but I was wondering if anyone else had anything else like this come to them in the mail...I would not even look at it but it had carnivals Logo on it..

These things have been around for years. It is a SCAM... Everytime they run another scam, they get caught and sued by Carnival, Ramada and others whose logo appears. Many times, by the time the tour companies learn about it - the company has disappeared..

Unfortunately, by the time the FEDS shut them down, theyhave made a bundle of money -- so just close down and disappear only to reappear again under a different name.

In the past several years, many of these con artists have moved off-shore to escape the feds and to be able to operate a little longer before someone comes after them.

Occasionally, you will get a similar offer which is a crooked way to get you to attend a time-share thingie where they try to sell you.

How they make their money is this; they will, at some point after you call, ask for a deposit of some amount by using your CREDIT CARD...and you know where it goes from here...

Just trashcan it!

As an agent a few years back (Im no longer doing this line of work) we had a person in our town book this, well a good 5 months had passed and they had spent some $1500 on it with booking fees and taxes and still had nothing to take as far as a trip in the holding. When it came down to the last month and no docs had come they came in with that very page and handed to me along with copies of the checks they had paid with and told me to give them the documents for the trip as the agent had told them to come to the local ageny and get them. Hmmmmm Im still wondering how I could have them for a trip I never booked or got money on but she sure was mad at me for not having them. Also wanted us to book a free one for her so she could go on this trip after paying so much on it. She had also sent money via pony express for air tickets she never got also. Always say if it sounds too good then it is way too good to be true.

So, you were in the business? I just "retired" after 32 years in the retail end. Got REALLY hairy the last 3/4 years - and was glad to leave. It is a shame...I had a GREAT ride for a lot of years, made good friends, traveled like crazy, met wonderful people. I'm so glad I was in the business when it was truly a partnership between agents and suppliers and we each had respect for one another.

I even owned my own little place for about 10 years (darn near killed me, too) and was a Tour Director for 5 years. Had some adventures, fer sure.

Were you in retail or wholesale?

Archived