Bringing wine on board question

So if I take a couple of bottles of wine that aren't on the wine list, do I give it to them when I board and let them know that we want it given to us at dinner on a certain night? How does that work if we bring wine on with us? Do we need to carry it on or pack it in our luggage?

Hi, we are just off the explorer May 19th to 28th cruise. My aunt brought a bottle of wine on board. She just packed it in bubble wrap and then put it in her luggage. She drank it in her room so i do not know about bringing it to the dining room. Hope this helps..:D

From my understanding you cannot bring any type of alchol on board for consumption. If you buy it on shore you will have to give it to the staff and they will hold it for you till the end of the cruise . This is not Princess where you are charged a corkage fee for wine you bring onboard .

From what I've read on this board, you can bring on two bottles of wine that isn't offerred onboard. If you wish to drink it with dinner (in the dining room) you take it you. The waiter will open it fo you and charge your Seapass card for the $12 corkage fee.

I'm going strictly from what I've read several times here; I admit I don't know first hand as I've not sailed on RCI yet.

From what I've read on this board, you can bring on two bottles of wine that isn't offerred onboard. If you wish to drink it with dinner (in the dining room) you take it you. The waiter will open it fo you and charge your Seapass card for the $12 corkage fee.

I'm going strictly from what I've read several times here; I admit I don't know first hand as I've not sailed on RCI yet.

I am off SOS just yesterday. We carried on 4 bubblewrapped bottles, took one to dinner with us each evening, were charged a corkage once and the second night were not.

Archived