SY Suite vs. VA Aft Balcony on Vista Class - advice appreciated!

YYC F/A

I'm looking at going on the Oosterdam later this year, and have a VA Aft Balcony on hold.... however, I am also able to get a good rate on the SY Suite on a sailing on the Oosterdam which is actually the SAME PRICE as the VA Aft.

From what I understand however, the VA Aft Balconies are actually larger than the SY Grade suites?

Plus, the SY grade doesn't actually get the 'Suite Perks' even though it's supposedly a suite (???), so I'm thinking it might be better to actually stick with the regular balcony (VA aft) than go for the Suite?

Any advice appreciated... have never been on the Oosterdam (or any of the Vista class ships)...

Thanks!

We had an SY on the W'dam in January, which is the same as the O'dam. There is much extra space in the cabin and the verandah is large enough to have two easy chairs and a table large enough for two to dine at. I don't think you'll get the same space with a VA aft verandah.

If it was me, I would go for the SY for the same money without hesitation.

Neil

We have occupied both VA and S cabins on the wake, and SS and SY cabins midships, and while we love the wonderful views on the stern, we spend much more time IN the cabin than OUTSIDE. The SY room itself is 50% larger, the veranda goes the whole width of the cabin, and the bathroom - THE BATHROOM - has a jacuzzi tub, separate shower and double sinks... it's huge!

I'd take the SY.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess <-- has an SY on Zuidy #7

We have occupied both VA and S cabins on the wake, and SS and SY cabins midships, and while we love the wonderful views on the stern, we spend much more time IN the cabin than OUTSIDE. The SY room itself is 50% larger, the veranda goes the whole width of the cabin, and the bathroom - THE BATHROOM - has a jacuzzi tub, separate shower and double sinks... it's huge!

I'd take the SY.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess <-- has an SY on Zuidy #7

I don't know that HUGE is the right word. Bigger, yes, but huge, not really. I tried the separate shower once, and found it so small I used the shower in the tub for the rest of the cruise.

However, the SY was still worth it.

Archived