group cruise

beckyrxtech

Hi I would like to try and get a group cruise going for the Carnival Spirit 10/21/2007 to the mexican Riveria its 8 days out of San Diego, Ca

anyone interested is welcome to come, thank you, Becky Caugherty of Lucas, Ohio

yes do you know how I would go about that? I am trying to get a group cruise going for 10/21/07 on the carnival spirit out of San Diego to the mexican Riveria, 8 days, any imput is appreciated thank you

yes do you know how I would go about that? I am trying to get a group cruise going for 10/21/07 on the carnival spirit out of San Diego to the mexican Riveria, 8 days, any imput is appreciated thank you

Becky, rather than posting in other roll calls, try posting on the main Carnival board... where you originally posted this message. You can post a thread to see if anyone is interested... see if you can get enough together. Good luck.

isnt this the main carnvial cruise board? I thought it was, I am wanting to find if anyone is interested in a carnival spirit cruise to the mexican riveria in october of 2007 8 days out of San Diego, thank you, Becky

isnt this the main carnvial cruise board? I thought it was, I am wanting to find if anyone is interested in a carnival spirit cruise to the mexican riveria in october of 2007 8 days out of San Diego, thank you, Becky

Yes, it is... but you posted in roll calls, asking if people were interested in your group cruise. You aren't going to get much response (roll calls, people are already booked on a cruise ;)) This is the main board, yes... you should post a thread here, on the main board, not within this thread... asking if people would be interested in that cruise, on that date.

I put in both places sir, so here the one you have been responding to is on the carnival cruise main board, carnival spirit is the cruise I am wanting to get response on if anyone is interested 10/21/07 8 day mexican Riveriia out of San Diego Ca, thank you, becky Caugherty

I put in both places sir, so here the one you have been responding to is on the carnival cruise main board, carnival spirit is the cruise I am wanting to get response on if anyone is interested 10/21/07 8 day mexican Riveriia out of San Diego Ca, thank you, becky Caugherty

I'm not a sir ;)

I was simply trying to help... you posted several posts in incorrect places, including one in our group cruise forum for the 10/13/07 group cruise and one in an April roll call. The place you need to put it, is on this board, which you haven't done yet (you should post a DIFFERENT THREAD... a new one, with the date, name of ship, etc in the title) and post that you are interested in putting together a CC group cruise, put the itinerary in there, and ask who is interested. The one you placed in the general spirit roll calls is fine... but not many will go there. I understand if you don't want to do what I have suggested... but you aren't going to drum up interest without a thread on THIS board (again, this thread doesn't count)... good luck!!!!

It is my understanding that this is the main board I clicked on Carnival cruises!!!!!!!!! ok miss , and I dont need your sarcsam anyhow.....This was a new thread on a carnival web site you want me to retype it so you can see for yourself

Yikes.

Goin Cruisin is only tryin to help.

She herself has done MANY group cruises with many people that book her groups.

She can give you a hand on how to start out..

I see your post was moved to the main carnival board.

You were posting on the roll call board and the only people that post there or even read themare the people going on the ship.

By posting there you are losing a lot of readers..who might be interested in what you are offering.

But to give you a little bit of advice here--- lighten up on the people who want to help or you may find yourself without a following.

It is my understanding that this is the main board I clicked on Carnival cruises!!!!!!!!! ok miss , and I dont need your sarcsam anyhow.....This was a new thread on a carnival web site you want me to retype it so you can see for yourself

WOW! Well Miss I must say that you are one person I sure wouldn't want to cruise with. Someone tries to repeatedly help you and you kick her in the teeth.

Did you ever hear the saying about first impressions? Well you certainly made one but not a very good one.

Good luck getting your group together, regardless.

Bill

I am sorry , I had thought I posted this in this message board, and she was telling me false information. I have been on 5 cruises and no I have never gotten a group together, in fact I have never been on a carnival cruise before either, my agent wont even try and get a group together, said she hates carnival conquest or something like that, well I am willing to go elsewhere cause I wanted to try this carnival spirit cruise to the mexican riveria for an 8 day from San Diego, 10/21/07 or 10/29/07 I am not a mean person, just I know I had posted on both places

I am sorry , I had thought I posted this in this message board, and she was telling me false information. I have been on 5 cruises and no I have never gotten a group together, in fact I have never been on a carnival cruise before either, my agent wont even try and get a group together, said she hates carnival conquest or something like that, well I am willing to go elsewhere cause I wanted to try this carnival spirit cruise to the mexican riveria for an 8 day from San Diego, 10/21/07 or 10/29/07 I am not a mean person, just I know I had posted on both places

No, no false information was given. I was giving you suggestions as to what to do, in order to get some exposure, and help you out, as it seemed by all accounts you were struggling. You were posting info in the wrong areas... and yes, this IS the main Carnival message board, but I was trying to explain that THIS thread would not help you much in your recruiting efforts (has it yet? Has anyone responded to THIS thread saying they would like to go???) You also posted the same info in roll call threads... which wasn't going to help you much either. You don't seem to want to take the help... and that's fine. There are those of us that know what we are doing, and would love to help... but when you kick it back in our faces, you are not going to get much help... I just MIGHT know what I am talking about. Good luck, hope it goes well for you... you are off to a banging start.

well I did post this here too, I wasnt sure where to post it to begin with, and yes I do know about cruising, this past april was my 5th cruise.

I know I have read alot of posts with people that go on cruises 2-3 times a year, they must be very wealthy or have alot of free time on there hands as well. I was just wanting to try a carnival cruise and since I get no perks for being a princess cruises captains circle member, they are sister companies. I was trying to find a group to make it 8 cabins or more and have some sort of discount for everyone wanting to go. Yes I did post the same message on both this carnival board as well as the roll calls board, cause someone told me to go to the group cruise message boards , it wasnt my idea it was given to me in a response to a question here! so why get mad and tell me im doing everything wrong, when im trying to have fun, and save some money and enjoy vacationing. Did you ever think about that miss? I am not a bad person, and I did also make a new thread like you suggested on here, and so what more can I do?

Rebecca, all I am going to say is that when promoting a group cruise, you want to keep in mind that you are trying to sell the cruise and yourself. By making remarks such as "I know I have read alot of posts with people that go on cruises 2-3 times a year, they must be very wealthy or have alot of free time on there hands as well" it might not sit well with people. You don't have to be very wealthy or have alot of free time to cruise frequently. There are many people on these boards that are very creative and do what they can to cruise as often as possible... doesn't mean they are rich or bored ;) Just be a little more gentle maybe? I'm sure you will get upset about that... but I am seriously trying to help. Everytime I've tried to help, you have come back at me though. When people try to help you, coming back at them with "did you ever think about that miss", is not very kind. If you didn't want to listen to the answers, you shouldn't have posted the question. I'm done here. Good luck to you.

You just suggested me to post on the group cruise board, just what that other lady said not to do? Why are you giving me the same info over and over, if that is what not to do! how do I get a group started here? I have already called an agent I know from my home town and maybe she can get a group together for me.

You just suggested me to post on the group cruise board, just what that other lady said not to do? Why are you giving me the same info over and over, if that is what not to do! how do I get a group started here? I have already called an agent I know from my home town and maybe she can get a group together for me.

I NEVER suggested you to post on the group cruise board, because there ISN'T one anymore!!! Do I have to say it again, it's posted here exactly what I suggested you should do... I haven't given you information since yesterday... and I was giving it over and over yesterday because you weren't posting in the right places.

I AM TRYING to help you... because YOU asked.

You cannot use an agent from home for a Cruise Critic group. Please read the link, and it will explain things. Then go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215 , this is the main Carnival board. Start a new thread. The title should indicate that you are trying to drum up interest for a Cruise Critic group cruise. Such as "anyone interested in a CC group cruise on Spirit 10/21/07??", then include the details of the cruise. If you get enough interest, you can email Laura, and she will work with you from there. Again, read the link I posted, and BigDuck posted... it will explain exactly what to do.

Well its ok, I was given the advice when I emailed the group cruise host and then again on this message board, all I ever wanted to do was go on this Carnival Spirit cruise and get some shipboard credit, and the agent I deal with doesnt like Carnival she said she wont sell 8 cabins, so I am trying to see my other options out there, guess I completely failed. I thought I would get some positive feedback guess not. Just by asking a simple question and told I was doing everything wrong, makes you feel awfull. I am not a bad person, thank you, Becky

Well its ok, I was given the advice when I emailed the group cruise host and then again on this message board, all I ever wanted to do was go on this Carnival Spirit cruise and get some shipboard credit, and the agent I deal with doesnt like Carnival she said she wont sell 8 cabins, so I am trying to see my other options out there, guess I completely failed. I thought I would get some positive feedback guess not. Just by asking a simple question and told I was doing everything wrong, makes you feel awfull. I am not a bad person, thank you, Becky

Becky, take a breath. All we tried to do was help you, you asked a question, but then you kept disputing everything we said. It's okay to NOT know how to do something, but when you ask HOW, be prepared to listen... you weren't listening and you got mad instead, and came down on me about it... you keep saying you are not a bad person, nobody thinks you are!!! Nobody has said that. You can only get positive feedback if you listen... and try to allow others to help you. You don't seem to want others to help you. BUT, when you are putting together a group cruise on CC, it should be for more than just getting a shipboard credit. It's ALOT of work... ALOT. You will spend alot of time on these boards, emailing group members, etc. It's not easy. So if you are JUST doing it for a shipboard credit, it might not be for you. You might want to start a group with a local TA and try to find some friends and family that will go with you. Either way, again... good luck.

Wow Chris seems like you're taking a flogging here:rolleyes:

Perhaps your instructions weren't clear....leeme go look......nope crystal to me. I think the RXtech might need to turn in the keys to the cabinet.:rolleyes:

Archived