Freedom Centrum Art is boring...

Is it just me or is the silly paper airplanes(they look like paper or cardboard) and the brass stop lights just plain boring? They look like after thoughts compared to the elaborate art hanging in the other ships, like the AOS.

One thing I will say about the art on RCI ships that isn't true of the art I have noticed on ships of other lines, IMHO, it is usually strikingly different. You have picked two pieces of art to criticize out of the hundreds that can be found throughout the ship. I imagine that if I were to catalog all of the art, I could find some pieces that I might question or criticize, but overall I was struck by many of the more dramatic pieces and the fact that wherever I went on the ship, I found artwork that was thought-provoking and very interesting. I happened to like the traffic lights, even though I'm not sure what the artist's concept or purpose was. There was a booklet in our stateroom cataloging all of the artwork and I intend to go through it more carefully when I have an opportunity.:)

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some great pieces of art on the ship. Its just two of the larger areas seem very unimpressive. Like you said, what's the purpose of the stop lights? Do they represent Freedom? the sea? It just doesn't make sense. The airplanes I can sorta understand, but I guess I just really like the large flowing pieces on the other ships in this large open areas than this really small (ah ha, maybe the wanted to make the space seem bigger than it is!) set of....I'll call them.....trinkets.

One other option is maybe they represent land transportation(stop light) and air transportation(planes)? Kinda of weak either way, but is the best I can come up with.

(yes I'm obsessing about something small, but to each their own! :) )

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some great pieces of art on the ship. Its just two of the larger areas seem very unimpressive. Like you said, what's the purpose of the stop lights? Do they represent Freedom? the sea? It just doesn't make sense. The airplanes I can sorta understand, but I guess I just really like the large flowing pieces on the other ships in this large open areas than this really small (ah ha, maybe the wanted to make the space seem bigger than it is!) set of....I'll call them.....trinkets.

One other option is maybe they represent land transportation(stop light) and air transportation(planes)? Kinda of weak either way, but is the best I can come up with.

(yes I'm obsessing about something small, but to each their own! :) )

Not all art has a purpose. It's just there to be there. You should see some of the artwork on Celebrity ship, Now thats some weired stuff.

Not all art has a purpose. It's just there to be there. You should see some of the artwork on Celebrity ship, Now thats some weired stuff.

LOL!!!! On our Infinity cruise, DH and I kept looking at the "artwork" and saying, "Huh?" :eek:

Archived