College students and packs of wild teens!

jeffdal

I understand the above poster "getting around the rules"..this happens frequently for a family (however, I understand the cruiselines are going to start monitoring this. But over 200 High school students? There would have to be quite a few chaperones for that to happen, wouldn't there? Just a question...;)

I'm sure many were college students... As for the hs students and those under 21, many times you will find that the parents vanish once on the ship... let the kids do what they want... it happens. I'm sure there were plenty of parents on the ship, many just weren't paying attention to what their kids were doing.

Not living in TX, don't know what they call their weeks off. :rolleyes:

From looking at several school district calendars across the country, there are only 4 possible kid safe weeks weeks....The last 2 in Sept and the Last 2 in January.

Happy Cruzin' all!

Jacquelyn :D

at all...It's the kids that don't mind the adults, that I don't care for!:D

My husband didn't say anything about rowdiness on that cruise, however, he did say that the cruise was really like a highschool/college cruise with few adults! And some chaperones were with the kids on formal night...that is who he talked to in line for photos.

As for the October school break....Nothing like that in the Greater Houston area at all....must be a small Texas county thing. And I have a daughter still in high school...she has never had anything off in October, other than a straggling teacher work day!

But like Jacquelyn said....there are really only a couple of surefire kidfree times of year...but don't count on not interacting with some on cruises (and again, I don't mind the well-behaved ones)...get your own boat if you want a cruise with no kids:D .

Not living in TX, don't know what they call their weeks off. :rolleyes:

From looking at several school district calendars across the country, there are only 4 possible kid safe weeks weeks....The last 2 in Sept and the Last 2 in January.

Happy Cruzin' all!

Jacquelyn :D

PERFECT! My next cruise starts September 17th. Should be safe! :D

Just curious how they can have 200+ HS/College students and no adults? If my understanding is correct you must have at least someone over the age of 25 in a room, so that would make around 50 adults:confused: Did all these adults vaporize when they hit the ship:confused:. We leave in four days for our trip and will have our HS age DD with us. We are hoping there will be some kids their age (18 & 16) that they can hang with but not 200;) . I will make sure mine are not included in the "Rowdy" group:p

That was my understanding too (and I had read about the person over 25 being in a room on here). I just could not figure out how there were so many without adults. When we were getting on it would look like one dad with five young guys.

Being the first weekend of "summer" break and a 4 nighter, I expected more young people than I've experienced in my recent cruises (March and October)...but WHOA!

Never again on Memorial Weekend for me!!

PS...I thought the ship looked really good after her refurbishment! I was on her last March and she was really showing wear.

I didn't go below the Empress Deck, but everything above that level seemed to be spiffed up since last time I was on the Ecstasy.

Upper deck looked good too. My friend and I like to kick back and have a good time but "whoa" was our feeling too with all the partiers. Out of control!

My son (age 11) and I cruised on the Pride in mid January. I talked up the Carnival Kids Club and that there would be so many other kids for him to meet and hang out with. Boy, was I wrong!!!! There were less than 75 kids on the whole ship....most of them being toddlers and babies. He went to the Kids Club once and swore he would never go back. We ended up hanging out at night with him doing Karaoke....he was the hit of the ship. LOL

We cruise again June 25th so I'm sure this one will have many more kids. Good for him I hope...which means good for me too so I can have some "adult" time. ;)

We also had a bad experience with teenagers on a cruise.

Last year we were on a May 27th cruise on the Sensation and there were kids (16-19:) ) everywhere!

Most were OK but one night after dinner as we were getting off of the elevator, we were offered a drink from an open fifth of vodka. I wouldn't have been too upset, but the boy offering it was about 16. I got very mad and told him I was calling security. He was already extremely intoxicated. I'm a teacher and really hate that this situation was not more closely monitored. I called security, but they did not seem overly concerned.

I thought they should have been--other kids not drinking might be tempted by this. I had a son (15) and his friend

who could have been coming down that elevator. The cruise was great otherwise, it's just that a lot of places were monopolized by teens. We went on a July cruise on the Inspiration 3 years ago and there were not that many teens or children. I love cruizing Carnival, but I think they need to monitor the teen drinking situation more carefully.:D This year we're scheduled for a June

10th cruise and hopefully there will be fewer teens.

We also had a bad experience with teenagers on a cruise.

Last year we were on a May 27th cruise on the Sensation and there were kids (16-19:) ) everywhere!

Most were OK but one night after dinner as we were getting off of the elevator, we were offered a drink from an open fifth of vodka. I wouldn't have been too upset, but the boy offering it was about 16. I got very mad and told him I was calling security. He was already extremely intoxicated. I'm a teacher and really hate that this situation was not more closely monitored. I called security, but they did not seem overly concerned.

I thought they should have been--other kids not drinking might be tempted by this. I had a son (15) and his friend

who could have been coming down that elevator. The cruise was great otherwise, it's just that a lot of places were monopolized by teens. We went on a July cruise on the Inspiration 3 years ago and there were not that many teens or children. I love cruizing Carnival, but I think they need to monitor the teen drinking situation more carefully.:D This year we're scheduled for a June

10th cruise and hopefully there will be fewer teens.

All I can say is that the more I read these posts, the more I appreciate my 18 year old young man !! I think I will go give him a hug!

Archived